Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*sigh* Am I asking too much?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 10:12 PM
  • 11 Replies
Is it so terribly wrong of me to want a mommie friend? Someone who is a mom. Someone who can relate?

Yes, I'm a mom now so my priorities have changed! Just because I don't want to party the night away and get trashed with you doesn't mean you have to throw me off the grid!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2girlsandcat
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 7:03 AM

I've been a mommie for over 6yo's now and I'm still looking for that mommie friend. I do feel you on saying old friends throw you off the grid when you have a kid and they don't. Congrats on the baby by the way! :)

Wyldbutterfly
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 7:15 AM

Oh, I've been there and done that and yes our priorities do change when we have a baby.

Your friends too one day will understand. I hope you can find some new friends with things in common.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jun. 30, 2011 at 8:45 AM

hugs 

Kaci
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2011 at 12:48 PM

Some of those "friends" just may find themselves a mom one day also. And by then you will have that friend. But remember how you feel now, reach a hand out to them even if they cant or wont to you right now.

It will happen! You will meet up with another mom!

((hugs))

LindaClement
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Ah... but have some compassion for your friends: they feel like they've been tossed, too. You used to were going to be the kind of mom who hired lots of babysitters and didn't think the baby would change your life.

Now, you have a baby and different priorities. It's not a lack of love for each other, it's just that your lifestyles no longer mesh.

Add where you're from --maybe there's some moms from here you could meet?

aneela
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 7:20 PM

you mean you dont wanna abandon your child and live like a single chick?? LOL..listen girl...those types who drop you when you become a mom...you are so much better off without them...you WILL make new friends...it may take time...and some hit and miss...but you will *hugs*

sorry they are acting like that

Quoting new_mommie_2b:

Is it so terribly wrong of me to want a mommie friend? Someone who is a mom. Someone who can relate?

Yes, I'm a mom now so my priorities have changed! Just because I don't want to party the night away and get trashed with you doesn't mean you have to throw me off the grid!

..................................................................................

Come join me at Serious Coupon Swappers.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/seriouscouponswappers

And also at The Park Bench!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/111698

LindaClement
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Which reminds me: after any major life changes it takes an average of 2.5 YEARS to rebuild a functional social network.

Quoting aneela:

you mean you dont wanna abandon your child and live like a single chick?? LOL..listen girl...those types who drop you when you become a mom...you are so much better off without them...you WILL make new friends...it may take time...and some hit and miss...but you will *hugs*

sorry they are acting like that

Quoting new_mommie_2b:

sweettigeress
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 9:30 AM

I want a mommy friend too. I'd like to be able to go out and have ladies night out for once and someone for my dd to play with.

HTMommy
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 9:36 AM
Aww momma! Where are you from? You can find a local group right here on cafemom to find a playdate and potential friend. I've made some life long friends on here that I value more than some of the people I know in real life. Some of them I've never met and probably will never meet but they are truer friends than I could've asked for.
We've all had a friend or two that has experienced this.
But when your the first one having kids they usually wind up running back to you and say "How do you do it?!?" Lol
They opinions change and open their eyes to everything.

Also, if you and they really value your friendship, sit down and talk with them.
Some will be ready when you are ready to get a sitter or go out, and the good friends don't mind hanging out with you and baby.
When I had my first I was 18 and he went everywhere with me. I went out with friends and if we didn't go somewhere kid friendly I didn't go. They got it, some didn't the real friends are still around.
Priorities change for most parents and if friends can't see that, then maybe a growth between you is a good thing. It gives you time to evaluate what kind of people you want around you and your new family?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PassionbyLea
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 9:43 AM

I feel for you cause I am in the same boat. I have been a mom for 6 yrs now and still haven't found that mommy friend. My 3 closest friends are my sister and 2 sis n laws, but they don't live close so we relay on the few and far between times we get to see each other. Also their children are much older than mine so its hard to do playdates.  Hang in there and remember one day your friends may need that mommy friend to rely on. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)