Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Sometimes we need to be reminded...

Posted by   + Show Post
That there still are good people around!

Whats the nicest thing a stranger has done for you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 11:26 AM
Replies (21-24):
Bmama1
by on Jul. 2, 2011 at 9:58 PM
Aww thats an awesome story

Quoting angelachristine:

I was sitting next to an elderly man on the bus. he was telling me all about his wife who had passed away and his kids and travels etc... He was a sweet guy and i liked listening to him talk.

When we got to the bus depot he asked me if i was hungry I had used most of my money to get my bus ticket to visit my mom and didn't really have money for food. I told him i wasn't hungry but i'd sit with him. he handed me some money and told me to get something to eat. I got something cheap and tried to hand him the money back (he had handed me a 20) and he told me to keep it. 

I tried to give it back a few more times but he insisted. So i talked to him until his bus left and he gave me a hug. After he left i got in my pocket to get some money out to buy a drink and he had slipped a 50 in there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tears30314
by on Jul. 2, 2011 at 11:43 PM
dont recall one happening to me but when we do major holidays we give food and clothes to the less fortunate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
websorceress
by on Jul. 3, 2011 at 1:17 AM

hmmm can't say a stranger has done anything lately or that I can remember off hand but an acquaintance (new friend) checked on me when the electricity was out for a few days, brought tears to my eyes (my kids don't live close, they appreciated it too)........

websorceress
by on Jul. 3, 2011 at 1:21 AM

wow I just remembered one.........my daughter and I jumped in the car, we lived in Vegas and decided to drive to CA hahahaha a 4 hour drive took us 7, there was construction and detours all over the place......first time driving there too.........damn freeways........

we were lost, I pulled off the highway to look at the map and a wonderful women was coming out of her work and came to the car to ask if we needed help.......I said, OH Thank God, I am so lost........she said you look so flustered.........that great women got me back on track, I was 2 hours out of my way..........I never got her name, wish I had, I would have sent her something, she went out of her way for us........

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)