Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Grey Hair

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2011 at 7:49 AM
  • 18 Replies

I just started to dye my hair..Im 37.

by on Jul. 2, 2011 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maries_Mom23
by Member on Jul. 2, 2011 at 7:50 AM

I'm 32 and have been dyeing for a year now.  My greys are on my sides. 

4kidz916
by on Jul. 2, 2011 at 8:20 AM

I have a few gray hairs, but I don't dye them.  I'm 39.

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jul. 2, 2011 at 9:19 AM

I've been dying my hair since I was a teen. I have also had random grey hairs since I was around 19.

mumsy2three
by Member on Jul. 2, 2011 at 9:20 AM

I'm 39 and have been dying mine since I was in my early 20's due to gray hair, don't feel bad.

Maddies_mom101
by on Jul. 2, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Im 30  I have a few  I usually pull them out :)

CoolMommyofboys
by on Jul. 2, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Quoting 4kidz916:

I have a few gray hairs, but I don't dye them.  I'm 39.

me to  :)

I have been pulling mine out...my Mom says two will grow in their place though  LOL

ceciliam
by on Jul. 2, 2011 at 10:43 AM

B-Complex can help reduce grey hair. I tried it and it works.

LindaClement
by on Jul. 2, 2011 at 1:12 PM

I stopped dying my hair when I was 22. The upkeep is too much butt pain --my hair grows REALLY fast. It's just touching my collar now and if I were to leave it (I'm getting a buzz on Monday) I could put it in a bun by Christmas. When hair grows close to an inch a month, it costs too much and looks bad too much of the time to keep up with a dye job.

My charming daughter was standing next to me yesterday saying 'you have a silver hair...oh, and another one...oooh, look, a whole bunch!'

I love the colour of my grey --it's not just faded hair, or grey, it's really silver. Presently, it makes lovely natural highlights, and in the future I hope it matches the beautiful silver-white my dad and grandmother have.

lenoxclan
by on Jul. 2, 2011 at 1:15 PM

I am 28 and I dye, but not because of Grey hair:)

earthangel1967
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2011 at 1:44 PM

I started making my hair blonde when I was only 10 bc I naturally platinum blond hair until then it turned a light sandy brown and I wanted it to stay blonde.

I don't have any grays yet (I am 43) but still make my hair blonde. HOWEVER it is very expensive and takes 3 hours in the salon chair every 2 mos so I am going to color it brown at the end of august so it will be less expensive and take less maintenance. I dont like my natural shade of brown bc I think it is too dull and boring

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)