Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

vacations

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 7:25 AM
  • 15 Replies

Do you go on one usually?

This year we are going on our annual vacation to NH, Lake Winnipesaukee.  We go for 2 weeks.  The house we rent is thru a real estate agency, and they have you pay it off thru the year - which is really helpful to us so its not one big lump sum of money.  Then usually by May its all paid off!  We still put the same amount of money into savings, as we budget it thru the year....and then we have spending money/gas money put aside. 

Then, this past weekend my husbands Aunt asked me if we wanted to use her beach house this coming week.  My hubby can't get off work, so I asked my mom and sister to join me.  I was really nervous (am still!) about going for 3 days w/o my hubby but I think it will be fun!  He'll come down on Friday and stay for the weekend.  We have to really watch what we spend so just gonna bring food or have pizza for dinner.  She doesn't charge us to stay in the house so it will be a relatively low cost get away. 

Tell me about where you go!

by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 7:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lapcounter
by Member on Jul. 7, 2011 at 7:27 AM
Yes we usually take 3 to 5 a year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 8:07 AM

I am so jelaous about the beach house!!!!

We go tot he beach every year but this year we are just taking day trips because we are going to Disney at the end of Summer. We are also hoping to go to a few other places but also have to watch what we spend.

Courtney610
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 8:48 AM

We don't usually go to the same place twice. 

A few weeks ago we spent a week in Daytona Beach and Disney World.  It was wondeful!  We jusst got back from a long weekend at my grandparents house in Western new york.  WE took the kids to Niagara Falls which is one of my favorite places in the whole world!

aneela
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 8:49 AM

havent been on one for over a year

betsystipo
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 8:53 AM

Oh I have been going to Lake W in NH since I was a baby, in fact my mom has been going since she was 5 yrs old!  I love it bc we see people year after year! 

We are going on a few vacations this year which is not a "norm" for us.  We are going to Disney in November w/ friends.  They have a time share there.  In February we are going to FL for a week - but thats another "free" vacation as my inlaws are renting a house for a month.  We are going for a week and they are buying our flights as "Christmas presents!"  Free (or very low cost) vacations are the best!  :)

steelcrazy
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 8:58 AM

We go camping 3 to 5 times in a summer, sometimes with hubby and sometimes without him.  We also go on a big family vacation every year to a different place.  Last year was to King's Island in Cincinnati, the year before was to Nashville TN, and this year we're staying a little closer to home and going to Lake Erie in NW PA.

mumsy2three
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2011 at 9:33 AM

I love Lake Winnipesaukee. I used to go there when I was younger with a friend of mine. Her dad's parents had a house on the lake. It was so much fun. I haven't been there in years and years.

We try to go on vacation every year we usually go to the beach.

HTMommy
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 10:12 AM

not usually...the only vacation we have is either the poconos bc my inlaws have a time share and my mom has a time share in atlantic city. But her's is a hassle and she never uses it.

we can't afford to pay for a vacation lately so its just been the family time shares. When we do have enough money we are going to disney

itsallabtthem84
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 12:29 PM

We haven't actually had one yet. We plan on having one next summer.

ambermario4ever
by Member on Jul. 7, 2011 at 12:32 PM

we have never been on a vacation as a family we cant afford one and hubby can never get off work 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN