Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you take your kids grocery shopping with you?

Posted by   + Show Post

Rarely.

by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 8:00 AM
Replies (21-29):
Barronbaby
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 7:00 PM
Yes all the time... otherwise the cubbords would be empty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 7:15 PM

100% of the time when they were young, less as they got busy in dance and sports or whatever and I was no longer there with them all the time. Hardly ever, now that one lives on her own and the other's working, dancing and out with friends most of the time.

I remember being astonished by the first field trip our kindergarten class took: to my local grocery store. The majority of kids had NEVER been in one before, and were gawking around like they were exploring Egypt. It was such a strange idea, that a child wouldn't know the local grocery clerks, or where the milk was kept...

paganbaby
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Not if I can help it,lol.

mommyinindiana
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 7:19 PM
i alaways have one of the two boys with me and about half them time i have them both with me. Idk what i would do if i went alone lol its been so long since i went without them i think i would go crazy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fineyouguyswin
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 7:44 PM
Almost always
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charizma77
by Carissa on Jul. 7, 2011 at 11:36 PM

yes

earthangel1967
Happy Sept! I changed my siggy & profile for Sept. This month I'll be spending time in Love & Marriage & Frugalistas & Everyday Family Ideas groups. See you there! :D
Today at 1:35 AM
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:42 AM

As soon as they got into middle school and older they are each given a weekly budget and taught how to make healthy choices and why and how to make a balanced menu for the week and how to shop and comparison price and estimate their check out bill and put the groceries away and then do it again next week, they all do that and they actually like it bc it empowers them and teaches them important life skills ,  Todd and I only shop for him and I and our kids being 16+ shop for themselves with their allotted budgets.

lapcounter
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:28 AM
All the time why wouldn't I?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maries_Mom23
by Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:30 AM

I have no choice right now.   During school last year, I'd go during the school day, but, still had my 4 year old.  Next year, she'll be in pre-k. 

Some may ask, why can't dh keep an eye on the kids?  He works nights and works multiple shifts in a row.  He sleeps during the day and I prefer not to have errands to run on his rare nights off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)