Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you deal with a break up?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:03 PM
  • 12 Replies

with a best friend that is..

You know...they meet someone else...and all of a sudden a few years of close friendship and seeing each other every week, talking on the phone is gone, poof, vanished into thin air. They "forget" your number and when you do talk they talk about what they did with the "other" person.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
betsystipo
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:24 PM

I havent' had this happen to that extent yet.  I had become very close w/ a mom from charlie's school - even went out to dinner as couples, as families them and us....we spent ALOT of time together last year.  We all got along really well and truely valued their friendships....and now this year they are just mia.  Its hard to deal w/ bc the kids were really close and my one son really wants to play w/ their daughter.  The hubby broke his ankle so they are going thru alot of stress....I'm hoping things turn around soon. 

Charli627
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:09 PM
I haven't had this happen. I have lost touch with one but not cause of other person. And usually we pick up right where we left off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:33 PM
I get a new interest and hope to find a new friend.
xxLukesMamaxx
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 11:52 AM

I've only lost a best friend once and it's because she felt like I wasn't showing her enough attention and I was showing my now husband too much attention. It was almost like we were in a relationship and she broke up with me. I heard she told everyone that my husband and I wouldn't last. Here we are now married for almost 7 years. I still miss her sometimes though. 

lenoxclan
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:26 PM

this happened to me in 9th grade..lol My friend and I had been best friends since 5th grade.. In 9th grade she decided she wanted to hang out with a different group(and experiment in drugs)and she was REALLY mean to me.. We ended up becoming friends again the next yr but she moved a hour away shortly after..

We are still friends today but not like we were..

It's hard(especially for a teen..lol) I did a lot of crying and honestly I've never let myself get that close in a friendship since...

If your friend is acting like this, then she really wasn't that great of a friend after all..

HUGS MOMMA

LivinDeadGurl
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 7:46 PM

I thought I already replied to this. It must have been in another group.

I just let it go. If I am not worth their time anymore, they aren't worth mine.

Liansmommie
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 4:44 AM

This is basically the best way to go. Sometimes people change and there is nothing to do about it.

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Meet me at  The Park Bench!

Are your kids having fun this summer? Mine is!!

LyTe684
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 4:49 AM
This is me. I have to ask, when is your bday? You have the same 'I don't give a f*ck' attitude that I have. Lol

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Hahaha.....June 2nd

Quoting LyTe684:

This is me. I have to ask, when is your bday? You have the same 'I don't give a f*ck' attitude that I have. Lol

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

LyTe684
by on Jul. 11, 2011 at 1:52 PM

Yep.. That totally explains it. LOL I'm the 20th. :)

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Hahaha.....June 2nd

Quoting LyTe684:

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)