Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How do you entertain your kids in the car?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you use any electronics to keep them occupied?

family in the van

by on Jul. 11, 2011 at 9:04 AM
Replies (11-20):
TempestRayne
by on Jul. 11, 2011 at 9:12 PM
NOt usually.
Charizma77
by Carissa on Jul. 11, 2011 at 10:27 PM

no, my kids read books, talk to each other or play with their toys. We don't go on very many long trips. We are driving to Disney this year and will be getting a dvd player for the to watch movies.

Tashia07
by on Jul. 11, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Books, Matchbox cars, and doodle boards.

Peanutx3
by on Jul. 11, 2011 at 11:13 PM

My oldest has a DS that she can play in the car.  this entertains the other two because they can watch her.  

crazycountrymom
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 4:04 AM
We don't have any electronics other than toys when we take the grandbabies in the car. We don't let them use the cell phones yet because they are all under two and don't want one thrown out the window or tossed a bit too hard and broken. If we had something a bit bigger with apps we could dowload for them, they would really love it and one of us fould sit in the back with them annd teach them. Right now, we point out trees, trucks, cows, horses, etc and it entertains them forever. They also like to try to color and talk on their kid phones which we make a game out of : )
betsystipo
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 7:08 AM

For long drives we bring dvds, their leapsters, and other little toys.  But for local drives its the radio usually, and we talk, tell jokes, that sorta thing. 

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 7:12 AM

On road trips we take leapsters, books, doodle pad's, aqua doodles, our ipad, and various other things to keep the kids entertained. We do use our ipad on a regular basis in the car. My son LOVES to play all the games. 

3angels23
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 7:45 AM

We have a dvd player, and they take cars or small toys, and color books, and almost never fails my 2 yo goes to sleep and 10 month old take a few toys but she either sleeps or just watches around her......

jerzeetomato
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 8:23 AM

I used to have books, small toys, etc. in the car when they were little - then portable DVDs.....now they just have their phones and their ipods LOL (mine are teenagers, now).

TempestRayne
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 12:55 PM
Nope.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)