Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you go all out for your kids bday parties?

do you go all out for your kids bday parties?

have you ever copied off another moms bday party ideas?

The PhOtO bOoTh Love photography? just learning or experienced...we have it all here+contests and more!

by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 7:42 AM
Replies (11-19):
LindaClement
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 3:11 PM

Ditto. On principle, and due to budget constraints.

I never wanted my kids to think that it was reasonable to spend a thousand dollars on a party... and I certainly never had a grand available to do it with.

I absolutely lifted other people's party ideas --from friends, and books. And, I have the great pleasure of having NEVER had a child puke, or leave a party crying from too much excitement.

Quoting Peanutx3:

Nope.

sweettigeress
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Going all out doesn't necessarily mean spending tons of money.

Quoting LindaClement:

I never wanted my kids to think that it was reasonable to spend a thousand dollars on a party... and I certainly never had a grand available to do it with.

I absolutely lifted other people's party ideas --from friends, and books. And, I have the great pleasure of having NEVER had a child puke, or leave a party crying from too much excitement.

Quoting Peanutx3:

Nope.

NarutoSasukeSakuraKiba Hinata Shino  InoShikamaruChoji Neji   Lee  Tenten

2girlsandcat
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 8:41 AM

No not this year...I wasnt up to letting my girls get a year older, or myself lol! We skipped Birthdays this year haha

usmclife58
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 1:47 PM

We do for their first birthday (more for us, of course). 

Then, we will for 10, 13, 16, 18 and 21, lol

angelachristine
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2011 at 2:04 PM

no they are both born in september and we usually have a cookout and i spend about 25 on each kid's gifts. we don't have a whole lot of money. i try to make Christmas nice for them though sometimes it is sometimes it isn't. it just depends on money flow.

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 11:57 PM

Yes I always did for all 5 of them all of their childhood. Each year months ahead of time I would ask them whatever theme THEY wanted (sometimes they even made up their own ) and I would decorate the house and set an atmosphere and sometimes I made costumes for everyone and made up themed games to match with themed prizes and party favors. I also did whatever cake they wanted to match too novelty and sculpture type ones sometimes as well. I always wanted their birthdays to feel like a kids fantasy dream land come true and I had lots of my friends tell me their own kids looked more forward to MY kids parties more than their own each year bc everyone had so much fun. lol 

Now its more of a family gathering bc our kids are all almost all young adults now.

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Quoting sweettigeress:

Going all out doesn't necessarily mean spending tons of money.

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting Peanutx3:

Nope.

I agree I did all the work myself for months ahead of time and was very resourceful and creative to save money.

BeachMommy07
by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 3:41 AM

No, I'm a simple down to earth mommy. I made my son's 4th birthday cake (monster trucks) and made hot dogs and brown sugar baked beans. We opened gifts, and sang happy birthday. Very layed backed with our close family and friends at my house. I have never copied another mommy's idea. I'm very simple!

Starleet
by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 3:43 AM

I always go all out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)