Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bachelor-Emily

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 8:07 AM
  • 6 Replies

'Bachelor' Emily Maynard Is Playing Us All

Posted by Sasha Brown-Worsham
on July 12, 2011 at 8:03 AM

Did anyone actually believe Emily Maynard's crocodile tears during her sit down interview with Chris Harrison during The Bachelorette Monday night? She may or may not be who she pretends to be, but nobody ever thought they would stay together and their break up is no surprise to anyone, except maybe Harrison. Yeah, right.

First, I would like to just laugh at Harrison and his "some of the couples who have gotten engaged on the show have not stayed together..." Really Chris? I think that is true of the grand majority, my friend. A better quote at the beginning of your PR blitz for Emily Maynard's season of The Bachelorette all-important sit-down with broken-hearted Emily might have been: "Very few of our couples stay together, but hey! We get good ratings!"

Emily said she will always love Brad and I am sure that is true. At least until her show starts filming in March.

For once, I just want one of these people to break that iron-clad contract with ABC and just be real. The show's premise is just ridiculous when you think about it. People are thrown into the most cliched, "romantic" situations. They are totally out of their element and removed from anything that might help them be themselves and then are pushed pretending it is all perfect while also not being allowed to be together for months at a time.

If the show were really in the love business, they would amend their contract because "love" is about honesty and trust and being oneself and none of those things are present when 30 cameras are in your face all the time.

Sure, some of the relationships have worked for a time, some are even still working. But they are the exceptions. The rule is Emily's situation and I don't buy her sad, sweet Southern girl act for a minute.

Don't believe me? Watch the interview on mute. See how she turns her head and bats her eyes, every movement designed to charm us all and make us believe she really is a damsel in distress.

As a mom myself, I would never go on TV and be away from my children for months just in order to find "love" I know will probably just end anyway. She wants fame. And there is nothing wrong with that. I just wish we could be more honest about it.

Expect many, many more crocodile tears on her new season of The Bachelorette. Also, $50 says they bring in Bentley for the occasion. Oy.

Did you think she was faking her tears?

by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
aneela
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 11:01 AM

and who is she and why should i care? LOL...the things people get "famous" for and become "celebrities" ...blah blah blah lol

Peanutx3
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 2:42 PM

I just can't care about that show or the people in it.

CoolMommyofboys
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 2:57 PM

WHAT??  She is the next Bachelorette?  I had not heard that

why do they keep giving all of these people second chances??   UGH  I want to see new people

as to if they were fake tears?  hhmm I just finished watching it a little while ago (I had DVR'd it) and I wasn't really looking at it- I had it on in the back ground while I did other things but yes, she was crying     but I don't know how sincere she was/is...I would think she isn't to heart broken if she is already thinking of her own season?

Courtney610
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 3:17 PM

I think that show is ridiculous.  Very rarely do any of the relationships last.  It would be one thing if they didn't propose at the end, but they almost always do.  Then they break up. 

sweettigeress
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Same here.

Quoting Peanutx3:

I just can't care about that show or the people in it.

NarutoSasukeSakuraKiba Hinata Shino  InoShikamaruChoji Neji   Lee  Tenten

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jul. 12, 2011 at 5:46 PM

I didn't watch it, so I have no opinion on it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)