Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Teen Mom Leah!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 8:10 AM
  • 4 Replies

Does 'Teen Mom' Leah Messer's New Man Make Her a Bad Mom?

Posted by Sasha Brown-Worsham
on July 11, 2011 at 8:20 PM

One of the biggest heartbreaks from MTV's Teen Mom 2 was the Leah Messer and Corey Simms split/divorce, but now it seems, just three months later, Messer has a new man.

The new guy --
aspiring race-car driver Tyler Blankenship -- has his own set of baggage in the way of an ex-wife and a son of his own. It could be a match made in heaven, but the real question is: How on Earth does she have time to date?

As the single mom to a set of twin babies, one of whom has special needs, where is she coming up with the time to meet, court and get into a relationship? It just seems like there are better uses of her time.

Not to say that single moms should not date. They absolutely should and have every right to be happy and in a good relationship, but just a couple short months after splitting from a marriage that was supposed to be forever (aren't they all?) it seems a bit premature to be looking for another man.

If it is true, then more power to her. Maybe we will meet him on future episodes of the show. That said, I hope this does not interfere with raising her two daughters, since certainly she already has a hard task ahead of her with two babies and doing it on her own.

Also, it is just plain sad. I had high hopes for Leah and Corey. They are young, but he seemed devoted and they seemed in love and like they had good communication. I was hoping at least one of these couples would come out strong. Alas, it was not meant to be.

And if Teen Mom 2 is renewed, I am sure we will see a lot more of this drama.

Do you think she is dating too fast?

by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
HTMommy
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 10:08 AM

It's called TEEN mom for a reason....most of them don't do half the crap normal moms do bc they are still trying to make some semblance of their life and how to be a kid raising a kid. 9 times out of 10 someone is watching their kid(s) so they can go to work and school and out with their friends.

aneela
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 10:59 AM

i dont watch the show...seriously the things they call entertainment these days...sigh

iluv2read
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 7:48 PM
I don't watch, but it's often difficult for teens to balance all their childhood wants with their adult needs and responsibilities.
earthangel1967
Happy Sept! I changed my siggy & profile for Sept. This month I'll be spending time in Love & Marriage & Frugalistas & Everyday Family Ideas groups. See you there! :D
Today at 1:35 AM
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 11:49 PM

I am not going to judge her just for dating someone as long as she is taking care of her kids then it's no one elses business.

Her ex Corey has a girlfriend too and she might even be pregnant so if she is I guess he didnt learn anything from last time. But as long as he takes care of that baby too somehow I guess that is none of our business either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)