Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

the Grandparent conundrum

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 9:32 AM
  • 7 Replies
Why is it that grandparents need to be catered to in regards to the grandkids?
I fully understand doing it for grandparents that live far away that never see said grandkids but what's the deal with the one that live close?
Why do the grandparents get to "spoil them" or so they say and then hand them back but yet the parents still have to do everything to make this possible?
Or is it just that I have shitty family that don't really care?
Before I lived with my parents, they rarely came to see the kids, keeping in mind I have 3. They never offered or invited us over for anything but guilt tripped me if they weren't invited to my dinner parties with friends. My inlaws we never hear anything from good or bad unless we called them. Why do I have to truck my family of 5 all over when they are both 2 people each? I don't understand this and it doesn't seem that I am the only one with this problem either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TempestRayne
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 6:52 PM

my parents? we don't have this problem. ninety percent of the time, we've had to travel to and pay for the visits to my ex's family.

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jul. 13, 2011 at 9:26 PM

I kind of get what you mean. I don't live anywhere near family now, but when I lived back home I always had this issue. When I had my middle son, my mom even called my sister and told her to tell me to bring him by so she could see him. I was like um....call me yourself or come over here. I lived 10 minutes away!

HTMommy
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 7:38 AM
I really don't understand it! Why even mention or complain about not seeing the grandkids and make no effort to see them? Or on the other side of it the kids want to see their grandparents and they couldn't care less.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinangels
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 9:01 AM

We only keep one car, so people don't give me this kind of grief.

BeachMommy07
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 9:02 AM

All I can offer is a hug. i'm sorry

LuLu5J
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 10:10 AM

My parents live near me and they see the kids all the time.  We try to have a family meal every week with them.  We've never really had this issue.  Sorry you're going through this {{{{HUGS}}}}

usmclife58
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 1:24 PM

((hugs))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN