Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

android and autism

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 2:18 PM
  • 17 Replies

i just wondered if anyone knew anything about androids and if they were good for autism or had good autism programs? i saw they had some but wondered if anyone had tried them. an android tab is out of my budget but they are cheaper than ipads. it seems like ipads have a little more communication/autism programs. i found a bunch of articles saying how good ipads were but not much about androids. my dd is autistic non verbal and i was going to try and get her one possibly but only if the programs were worth it or comparable.

by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
midnight_storm
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 4:48 PM
I really don't have an answer for you. But I would recommend researching the types of programs you'd like for her. Make sure you note system requirements. Then find one that matches her needs. There's a great company that I use for computer parts etc, they have tablets that are Android that run for under $200. some of them are refurbished, but i bought refurbished from them a few yrs ago, got my computer at half price, and it's still working great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barronbaby
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 5:59 PM
No idea here's a bump! Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charizma77
by Carissa on Jul. 14, 2011 at 9:05 PM

I'm honestly not sure. My son is on the spectrum but is verbal so we never looked into anything like that. Have you asked in any of the autism support groups?

HTMommy
by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 2:48 PM

I have no help for you and I am sorry for that but regardless that is completely awesome!

Liansmommie
by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Quoting Charizma77:

I'm honestly not sure. My son is on the spectrum but is verbal so we never looked into anything like that. Have you asked in any of the autism support groups?

I agree, this might be a good place to find out http://www.cafemom.com/group/112775

Meet me at  The Park Bench!

Are your kids having fun this summer? Mine is!!

TheJerseyGirl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2011 at 8:47 PM

What about letting her use the computer? My son is autistic and loves going on!

angelachristine
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2011 at 8:54 PM

she's also mentally handicapped and can't work the mouse. Ideally i want something she can carry around with her. i think i will probably try and get her an ipad maybe save up for it or something. i think android could get there eventually but for now i think apple has the lead on what i would want it for.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

What about letting her use the computer? My son is autistic and loves going on!

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 7:06 AM
I don't know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Flaca43
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2011 at 8:40 AM

Quoting Barronbaby:

No idea here's a bump! Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 8:46 AM

No idea, here's a bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)