Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

do your kids sleep in their own beds?

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2011 at 10:11 PM
  • 26 Replies

all the time?

all night?

every night?

I'm giving away an amazing free hand sanitizer and a free bottle of organic raw honey on my blog.

by on Jul. 17, 2011 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jul. 17, 2011 at 10:19 PM

All but the baby. For some reason he doesn't sleep well in it so he sleeps in bed with me.

TexasWife
by on Jul. 17, 2011 at 10:28 PM

son yes daughter no.

Peanutx3
by on Jul. 17, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Yep, yep and yep

maciymommieof3
by on Jul. 17, 2011 at 10:52 PM

no no and no

amonkeymom
by Member on Jul. 17, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Quoting lovinangels:

all the time?  No, but most of the time

all night?  Yes

every night?  Most nights (usually always, unless they're sick)

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 1:50 AM

Well my 5 kids are now 16-24 so yes I'd hope so tee hee

BUT yes even when they were tiny little they always slept in their own beds. I had other various issues I had to deal with them of course but this wasnt one of them

usmclife58
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Yes, yes and yes.

Peanutx3
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 11:49 AM

OK so I have to ask for you mom's whose children sleep with you how do you get enough sleep?????  My youngest had a bad dream last night and wanted to sleep with me and since hubby was at work I said yes.  I hardly slept from 2 a.m. until my alarm went off at 6 a.m. 

LindaClement
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 1:55 PM

Nope.

They're 19 and 22, and they sometimes sleep in each other's beds (only the youngest is still at home) and sometimes in mine (it's pretty rare these days, but it still happens), sometimes on the couch, sometimes downstairs (we have spare sleeping spaces all over the place...)

Sometimes they have sleepovers with friends...

So no: not in their own beds, alone, all night or every night. Not by a long shot.

LindaClement
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 2:00 PM

It helps to know that sleep behaviours are learned. You find it easy to sleep in situations you're used to, and not in situations you're not used to. That includes waking and falling back to sleep easily for a variety of reasons through the night.

It's likely that you were worried (about the child, about more dreams, about the kid falling out of bed, or you rolling over too far) and that interfered with sleeping. You probably just spent more of the night alert than you're used to.

People wake to an alert state every 40-45 minutes, and when you're not used to being aware of that (and don't usually open your eyes and look at the clock) it can feel like you're not sleeping at all when you do (become aware of it, and look at the clock)... but research is now much clearer than it was when it was about what was reported to researchers and they can now record it: you're probably sleeping a lot more than you think.

Sleep is a funny thing: people don't remember doing it.

Quoting Peanutx3:

OK so I have to ask for you mom's whose children sleep with you how do you get enough sleep?????  My youngest had a bad dream last night and wanted to sleep with me and since hubby was at work I said yes.  I hardly slept from 2 a.m. until my alarm went off at 6 a.m. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN