Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

ANTS! How do I get rid of them?

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 10:36 AM
  • 17 Replies

We've been having an ant problem lately so I wiped the kitchen clean up and down and now I walked in today and they are in the kitchen pantry!  How do I get rid of this heavy amount of ants ASAP?  They're everywhere!  Please help!

by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TexasWife
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 10:57 AM

oh. I can't remember hold on.

johnny4ever
Happy 11th Birthday Daniel!!!
Yesterday at 7:30 AM
by Mrs. Depp on Jul. 18, 2011 at 10:57 AM

spray outside of house!

usmclife58
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Terro

deccaf
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 10:58 AM

I work for pest control, so my first answer is to get a pest spray.  But in the meantime, Windex will wipe out the chemical trail they are following.  It also happens to kill any that it hits.

Hello_kimmy
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 11:07 AM

with what?

lenoxclan
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Spray outside of the house(around the perimeter)and inside around the perimeter also.. (home defense is safe to spray inside) From what I understand(at least here)the drought and heat is driving them in..

Hello_kimmy
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 11:48 AM

that makes sense.  I haven't had a problem with them until two days ago when the drought started.  Thank you.  :)

betsystipo
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 2:15 PM

We have an ant problem too.  I've had those little ant bait traps here for about a week and it hasn't helped!  so i called our pest control company to come out.  I'm so sick of smooshing ants and finding them all over!  Gross!  Good Luck, I hope whatever you do solves the problem!

LindaClement
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 2:17 PM

What kind of ants?

The sugar ants are taken care of easily by mixing borax with cornstarch and leaving it in little piles (or on pill bottle lids, or whatever) on the trails you see them walking. They take it home and feed it to the whole colony...

Diatomaceous earth (it's not actually dirt, it's tiny seashells) will kill them, but only if they walk over it. It's usually what pest control people will spray around the perimeter of your home.

dizzy77702
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 5:26 PM

I know this sounds crazy, but i've heard that ants won't cross a trail of nutmeg or cinnnamon, so if you have some in the house put a line of it that they won't cross.  If you try it and it works let me know bc someone told me about this and I've yet to try it.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)