Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FB wants credit card or cellphone number???

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 3:41 PM
  • 15 Replies

Why is Facebook on new accounts asking for either a credit card or cellphone? I let my 15 year create an account, with me having full access, so he can connect to family only! We'd all watched Spongebob, and you can go online and give the code "Jelly Bean" at the official site... he, because he is a new account has to verify, past the email already done, with a credit card or cellphone? No flipping way with how FB opens personal info, and people on the news loosing jobs, am I going to allow my personal or his personal info given to FB! I took the screenshot myself so not a hoax... and been trying to ask FB for help, but impossible to contact!!!

https://www.facebook.com/marismith is supposed to help but other users are only response

http://www.marismith.com/how-to-contact-facebook-a-directory-of-120-forms/ only has info@facebook.com just gives an auto reply stating to look at common questions, for a site about connecting people, they can't seem to connect me to help

I can only guess because people make fake accounts for those games, which they can't control by stopping posts on fan pages, to add? I don't play those game, have no time! But defeats the purpose if a 15-18 year old has no cellphone or credit card? My son has a phone but that is private much like what is allowed by our rules to be posted

~*Beverly*~
http://www.motherofallboyz.blogspot.com

by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jul. 18, 2011 at 3:58 PM

interesting..maybe they need to verify age?

fineyouguyswin
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 4:01 PM

IDK that is weird I would not enter it.

Barabell
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Maybe it's a virus he got? I've gotten the PM viruses sent to me many times in FB, and they're annoying.

I wouldn't enter anything until you get a response from FB directly. I would try some kind of "contact us" feature. I just used the "contact us" on Hulu over the weekend, and they already responded to my request today.

Good luck!

betsystipo
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 7:43 PM

hmm...no idea but I'd be very leary of it

kimsardo
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 8:13 PM

I'd think it's a hack.

Charli627
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Quoting betsystipo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Never heard of that.  :\

Barronbaby
by on Jul. 19, 2011 at 9:44 AM

Quoting kimsardo:

I'd think it's a hack.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kyrthanna
by on Jul. 19, 2011 at 1:22 PM

I have two thoughts here:

1.  I HAVE seen, after a period of disuse by me, a pop up asking for a phone number, which they then use to call me to give me a 'verification code' that I can punch in to prove I'm a 'real person'.  But, the number doesn't stay on record, it's just used for that automated phone call.  I haven't seen a request for a cell phone number or credit card.

2.  Looking at their title of the post, it says it's a Twitter Tale... "Find out what happens.... Twitter tale" - which makes it sound to me like you have to enter a cell number so they can send the twitter story updates.  Not sure why the credit card info is requested.  Was it only in trying to reply to that particular post on the Nick page that he got that response?  It may be because it is being used as a way to sign up for a Twitter feed..  I don't know though, because I don't use Twitter, so I don't know how Twitter and Facebook are linked.

By all means, if it is something that is happening in more than one place on FB when he tries to post, I would talk to FB and see what's going on.  If it is only on the Nickelodeon thing, he may just need to forego it, if they are trying to sign up Twitter followers that way. *shrug*

mumsy2three
by Member on Jul. 19, 2011 at 1:52 PM

Quoting betsystipo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)