Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Did your DH/SO give you a "push" present?

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 10:05 AM
  • 18 Replies

My nephew's girlfriend is pregnant and is expecting a push present. Sigh.

Is it just a sign of this "me" generation?

by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Courtney610
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 10:36 AM
What's the me generation? No, I never received a push present.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 10:48 AM

WTF is a push present?  I'm guessing since I don't know what it is, that means I didn't get one. lol

The "me" generation is this group of young 20-somethings who think that the world revolves around them and that it is all about me, me, me.  They see it, they should have it.   They'll certainly make interesting moms, since a baby is all about me as well.

CoolMommyofboys
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 10:55 AM

a "push present" is a present the SO/DH gives the mother when she has a baby?  isn't that right

no, I didn't get one...the baby was the best present ever?  who would want more than that?

the miracle of birth- esp. how I had my boys- with a midwife at a birthing center is so GREAT...I could never ever ask for anything more

Strega
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 10:57 AM
I'd only heard about "Push Presents" here on CafeMom. I think my Babies were present enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxLukesMamaxx
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Me too. I didn't get or want a push present. My babies were the best gift my husband could have given me ♥

Quoting Strega:

I'd only heard about "Push Presents" here on CafeMom. I think my Babies were present enough.

Courtney610
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Quoting steelcrazy:

WTF is a push present?  I'm guessing since I don't know what it is, that means I didn't get one. lol

The "me" generation is this group of young 20-somethings who think that the world revolves around them and that it is all about me, me, me.  They see it, they should have it.   They'll certainly make interesting moms, since a baby is all about me as well.

I do not appreciate this generalization.  I am 27, got married and had my first child at 19.  I have never been this way.  My husband and I have worked for everything we ahve and have never been handed anything at all.  I am a great mother and my world does revolve around my 3 kids.

lovinangels
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 11:18 AM

I don't know what that is. He did bring me kfc after I gave birth though!

Peanutx3
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 11:27 AM

I did not get a push present - personally I find them a bit ridiculous.  With that said I also did not push any of my babies out.

Peanutx3
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Hehe nothing says love like a bucket of KFC after pushing out a baby. :)

Quoting lovinangels:

I don't know what that is. He did bring me kfc after I gave birth though!

rkoloms
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 7:42 AM

This is a new concept to me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)