Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Did your DH/SO give you a "push" present?

Posted by   + Show Post

My nephew's girlfriend is pregnant and is expecting a push present. Sigh.

Is it just a sign of this "me" generation?

by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 10:05 AM
Replies (11-18):
rkoloms
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 7:44 AM

Quoting Peanutx3:

Hehe nothing says love like a bucket of KFC after pushing out a baby. :)

Quoting lovinangels:

I don't know what that is. He did bring me kfc after I gave birth though!

We had a cooler with champagne (great for stimulation milk production), truffles, and canapes.

Maries_Mom23
by Member on Jul. 22, 2011 at 7:44 AM
Quoting lovinangels:

I don't know what that is. He did bring me kfc after I gave birth though!

I got a hot ham and cheese and curly fries from Hardee's. It was the closest restaurant and I was starving since I hadn't eaten in 14 hours! Oh, and a Dr. Pepper!
lalasmama2007
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2011 at 8:28 AM

I've only ever heard of push presents on CM.  I got roses, but I don't think that counts.

lenoxclan
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Never even knew what a push present was until cafemom..LOL

betsystipo
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 11:11 AM

I had heard of them, but what I wanted was my babies...thats really it.

LindaClement
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 1:39 PM

No idea if this is a sign of anything at all... but I know a friend's great-grandmother got a diamond bracelet from her husband on the day their first was born. I know because my friend has the bracelet now, and their whole family knows the story.

TexasWife
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 4:09 PM

My big push present was the baby and a kiss. My husbands words to me meant everything to me during that time.I know that sounds very hallmark. I will always remember my husband telling me how strong and wonderful of a woman I was. On another note my friend bought herself a push present and scolded her husband for not doing it. I had never heard of them until then.

TexasWife
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 4:12 PM

no kidding. not to mention which generation created the me generation.

Quoting Courtney610:

Quoting steelcrazy:

WTF is a push present?  I'm guessing since I don't know what it is, that means I didn't get one. lol

The "me" generation is this group of young 20-somethings who think that the world revolves around them and that it is all about me, me, me.  They see it, they should have it.   They'll certainly make interesting moms, since a baby is all about me as well.

I do not appreciate this generalization.  I am 27, got married and had my first child at 19.  I have never been this way.  My husband and I have worked for everything we ahve and have never been handed anything at all.  I am a great mother and my world does revolve around my 3 kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)