Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WalMart shoppers the people of news stories real experiences

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 5:30 PM
  • 61 Replies

This post has it all...for anything

walmart

saw this news just today :(

12 Chickens Left in Hot Car in Walmart Parking Lot

Updated: Thursday, 21 Jul 2011, 12:02 PM CDT
Published : Thursday, 21 Jul 2011, 12:02 PM CDT

GEORGETOWN, Ky. (AP) - Police in Kentucky say 12 chickens were left in a hot car while their owners went shopping at Walmart.

One of the chickens died and the others were taken to a shelter after someone reported they'd been left in the car for about 30 minutes, according to WKYT-TV in Lexington.

Officers in Georgetown, where it happened, say the windows were left open just a crack.

The National Weather Service says the high temperature Wednesday in nearby Lexington was 94 degrees.

Georgetown Police say any charges against the owners will be up to Animal Control.

Read more on myFOXdfw.com: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpps/news/chickens-left-in-hot-car-in-walmart-parking-lot-dpgapx-20110721-fc_14228767?obref=obinsite#ixzz1SmHZ8Q3v

The PhOtO bOoTh Love photography? just learning or experienced...we have it all here+contests and more!

by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Courtney610
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Poor Chickens.  :(

maciymommieof3
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Rebuffed Wal-Mart employees preparing to file new sex bias suits

Rebuffed Wal-Mart employees preparing to file new sex bias suits
Reuters

2:39 p.m. CDT, July 21, 2011

Plaintiffs in a huge sex bias class-action case against Wal-Mart Stores Inc. that was struck down by the U.S. Supreme Court will begin to unveil plans Friday for how they will try to resuscitate their lawsuits.

Lawyers for the women will argue in U.S. District Court in San Francisco that they should be able to press ahead with multiple, narrower class-action claims against the retailer.

Wal-Mart, however, wants to make sure any potential class actions are kept firmly in the grave.

Women who say the company denied them pay raises and promotions because of gender bias are regrouping after the Supreme Court dismantled a class of up to 1.5 million current and former Wal-Mart workers last month.

Had the class-action lawsuit gone forward, Wal-Mart could have been liable for billions of dollars in back pay and other damages. The court concluded that the group did not have enough in common to band together to sue the company.

Friday's hearing marks the first time both sides have appeared in court following the landmark decision.

Since the case cannot move forward as one massive case, plaintiffs must reformulate claims into more tailored groups -- or as individual lawsuits.

Joseph Sellers, a lead attorney for the plaintiffs and a partner at law firm Cohen Milstein Sellers & Toll in Washington, said plaintiffs will propose a smaller class-action lawsuit in California, and could bring similar cases elsewhere in the country. He declined to comment before the hearing on how many smaller class-action lawsuits there could be.

"There was this sense after the Supreme Court decision that the case was dead, and we dispute that," Sellers said. "We think the decision leaves open the possibility of bringing more narrowly tailored class actions."

Plaintiffs could carve up the larger group of current and former Wal-Mart workers according to different stores or regions, and different job descriptions and time frames of employment. It is unclear what Wal-Mart's potential liabilities could be in this scenario if it loses the case.

Sellers said hundreds of attorneys have contacted his firm expressing interest in representing plaintiffs in revised litigation. His firm spent about $7 million on the original lawsuit against Wal-Mart that landed at the Supreme Court, and so far has not seen a return on its investment.

Copyright © 2011, Reuters

chi-rebuffed-walmart-employees-preparing-to-file-new-sex-bias-suits-2011072

maciymommieof3
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 5:38 PM

A car went up in flames Tuesday morning at Walmart in Avon. No one was hurt in the fire. Firefighters quickly put out the blaze. The cause of the fire is under investigation but is not considered suspicious, said Lt. Greg Daly, with the Avon police.

A car went up in flames Tuesday morning at Walmart in Avon. No one was hurt in the fire. Firefighters quickly put out the blaze. The cause of the fire is under investigation but is not considered suspicious, said Lt. Greg Daly, with the Avon police.
maciymommieof3
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Police: Cross-Dressing Man From Ohio Exposed Self In Connellsville Walmart

Media URL Link

An Ohio man is jailed on charges he exposed himself to customers and employees of a Dunbar Township...

An Ohio man is jailed on charges he exposed himself to customers and employees of a Dunbar Township...

Posted: 9:29 am EDT July 20, 2011Updated: 6:04 pm EDT July 20, 2011

CONNELLSVILLE, Pa. -- An Ohio man is jailed on charges he exposed himself to customers and employees of a Dunbar Township Walmart store after lifting the dress he was wearing and tucking it into his pantyhose.

Nelson Falcone, 58, of Bannock, Ohio, faces a preliminary hearing July 26 before a district judge in Fayette County on charges of indecent exposure, open lewdness and disorderly conduct.

Police said employees asked Falcone to leave the store and he was arrested at a nearby gas station where an employee followed him while waiting for police to arrive.

Police said the incident was captured on store surveillance video cameras.
maciymommieof3
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 5:40 PM

REWARD: Walmart robber takes kiddie pool

(SA Crime Stoppers)
(SA Crime Stoppers)
Set Text Size Small Set Text Size Medium Set Text Size Large Set Text Size X-Large
Updated: 7/19 4:43 pm
SAN ANTONIO -- Police are searching for a man they say robbed a Walmart store at gunpoint.

The robbery happened on Sunday, July 3rd at the Walmart located in the 8500 block of Jones Maltsberger. Two workers told police they were unloading a truck at the back of the store when a man pushing a shopping cart that contained a children's pool and an inflatable boat came to the back and approached them. The workers say the man then told one of the workers to open the back door or he would "bust a cap in him" and then pointed a black handgun at the worker. He then reportedly told the workers if they called police, he would come back and "bust a cap" in both of the them.The workers say they last saw the man heading east on Chulie and that he may have gotten into a yellow taxi.

The man is described as a Hispanic man who is 40 to 50 years of age. He is about 5' 11" tall, weighs about 150 pounds, and has a light build. He was wearing a green, long-sleeved shirt and long blue pants at the time of the robbery.

If you recognize this man or have any information about this robbery, please immediately contact Crime Stoppers at 224-STOP (7867), submit a tip online, or text a tip by texting "Tip 127 plus your tip" to CRIMES (274637).

Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5000.00 for information that leads to the arrest of the person(s) responsible for this crime.
maciymommieof3
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 5:41 PM

I’m just disappointed that he is sitting down. You should see him flying, it’s so majestic. It’s like a jorts ballet in the sky all for you!

maciymommieof3
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 5:42 PM

Pretty Huge Douche

Well then Dr. Dick, let’s just say I’m glad I go to the other doctors when I’m sick. But if I had to guess, I’d say you’re probably a proctologist?

maciymommieof3

I was gonna say something witty about Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt in the 1995 blockbuster Se7en, but then realized that get-up predates that. So I guess I’ll just say you must not be a glutton to still fit into those clothes? I don’t know, I had my heart set on Morgan Freeman & now I’m disappointed.

maciymommieof3

When I get a girl alone, there is nothing better than unzipping those jeans and seeing nothing but a sexy FUPA! Am I right? Huh? Fellas? Right? Nobody? Nobody’s with me?….screw you guys then.

maciymommieof3
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Ahhh, using the old marketing trick of a display case huh? Ladies of the night everywhere should take note

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)