Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Baby Born in Mcdonalds!

johnny4ever
3 weeks till school starts!
Yesterday at 7:22 AM
Posted by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 9:41 AM
  • 18 Replies

Baby Born In McDonald's Makes Us Thankful for McCop

Posted by Sasha Brown-Worsham
on July 22, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Every pregnant mom has one irrational fear throughout her pregnancy: the fear that her water will break somewhere awkward. And when it comes to awkward, it does not get much worse than a 24-year-old cop at McDonalds delivering your child.

Yet that is exactly what happened to one mom in Newark, New Jersey. Did McDonald's induce her labor (are they good for something??) or did she merely just have some bad luck? Officer James Kniepp delivered the baby boy Wednesday afternoon in the bathroom. He had been driving by when someone flagged him down to help. He met the mom-to-be in the bathroom and coached her into staying calm while he successfully delivered her son.

Now, the baby was 8 weeks early, but is said to be doing fine. Even still, what a delivery!

She has no other choice but to name her son James. Or maybe Ronald (for Ronald McDonald).

Honestly, it is hard to imagine a place I would rather deliver my baby in less than McDonald's. That greasy smell, the dirty bathroom, a very young cop. This poor mom was in most other mom's worst case scenario for delivery.

That cop, of course, is a hero. Even still, that poor woman must have had about 100 people she would have preferred be with her at such an intimate moment. In the end, the baby is healthy and mom is OK, but what a beginning.

At least he will have a story he can tell the rest of his life. My guess is there are a lot more people conceived in McDonald's bathrooms than born in them on a daily basis.

Where is your worst place you can imagine delivering?

by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmama1
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Oh my gosh. Thats crazy! lol

Bmama1
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2011 at 12:14 PM

The worst place I could imagine is ANYWHERE if I'm alone!

fineyouguyswin
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 12:34 PM

The worst place is anywhere alone

lovinangels
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 12:34 PM

Every time I've been in labor I didn't know it. It was different each time, and actually not at all painful, just felt like slightly increased pregnancy discomfort. I've never had a scary situation, but the last baby would have been a problem if I hadn't had a routine check up that day. 6 cm and no clue, lol! It doesn't hurt till my water breaks.

paganbaby
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 1:41 PM
Quoting Bmama1:

Oh my gosh. Thats crazy! lol

TexasWife
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 4:14 PM

It will be interesting to share with the child later,

naominpipermom
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 4:16 PM
Wow poor mom lucky timing for the cop
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lenoxclan
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Good thing the cop was driving by!

Worst place for me, anywhere that ISN'T a hospital..LOL

TheJerseyGirl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Does he get free happy meals for life?? LOL

TheJerseyGirl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Or at least a free party every year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)