Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I feel sick to my stomach

Posted by   + Show Post
so I babysit three kids (twin 6 yer old girls and a 3 year old boy) M-F 8-8. The other day I was showing all the kids how to do a head stand against the wall. If you have ever done one you know you have limited sight when doing it. I had told all the kids to back up and one of the twins walked by while I was kicking up and I got her in the face with my heel. I said I was sorry ti her held here till it was better and stopped showing them and just helped them do it. They did not show up today. Just a bit ago I got a call from their aunt asking why I wasn't answering their moms call. (I have not had the
Hone ring at all and no missed calls) I told her she had not called and she could check the phone if she wanted. She asked why I would kick the girl in the face. So I proceeded to explain to her what happened, and she said that. When the mom asked the girl what happened that she just said I kicked her in the face and she didn't know why and since I wasn't answering my phone I did it on purpose and didn't want to talk about it. I told her that was not true, it was an accident and I didn't know it was going to swell or anything or I would have told her mom, I guess I should have anyway but honestly I didn't think about it when her mom came. (we had just got done at church and I was getting all their stuff together and such and it honestly slipped my mind) So I guess I'm out of a job for a misunderstanding. Is not like I made much I only got 20$/day for all 3 kids but I count on that money. :(

by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 12:09 PM
Replies (11-12):
VintageWife
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Sounds like they are being ridiculous about it since you are practically family. I can see how it wouldn't be mentioned if you all just started chatting as soon as you seen eachother.

Peanutx3
by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 11:36 AM

I agree.

Quoting lovinangels:

Yeah, you always want to tell a parent when a child gets a bump or bruise. I would try to get in touch with the mom and explain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN