Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

School

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 2:04 PM
  • 17 Replies

Poll

Question: Which would you or do you prefer for your children?

Options:

Public School

Private School

Home school

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 22

View Results

by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweettigeress
by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 2:13 PM

I want to homeschool, but she wants to go to school. So I'm going to let her go.

CoolMommyofboys
by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 12:11 PM

I could never home school...luckily we live in a GREAT school district

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 12:23 PM

I prefer private but they will be going to public : /

steelcrazy
by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Finding a home in a great school district was very important to us.  We wanted our boys to have the best education possible, so that was one requirement that we weren't willing to compromise on when house shopping.

Courtney610
by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Public school for my kids.  We live in a great school district.

johnny4ever
Great First Day
Yesterday at 7:56 AM
by Mrs. Depp on Jul. 26, 2011 at 1:47 PM

private

betsystipo
by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 3:03 PM

When we researched where to buy a house, we really looked into the public schools - so ours are top rated!

Peanutx3
by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 6:48 PM

If we could afford it we would prefer private school but my kids will/do attend public school.

maciymommieof3
by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Triple A Rated Public School District.......and the I pay for the school district in my big ass taxes!

maciymommieof3
by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 8:32 PM
Rockwood School District Receives Standard & Poor's Highest Rating

7/8/2011   

Rockwood School District has retained its AAA bond rating with Standard & Poor's rating agency.  The result of this high rating will allow Rockwood to realize interest savings throughout the length of the 2011 Bond Issue pay-back period.  The report cites the district's conservative budgeting practices and proactive financial management as key factors to the positive rating. 

Rockwood is one of only 68 school districts in the nation with a Standard & Poor's AAA rating.  It is tough to make the grade and gain admittance to this group.  In Missouri, only four school districts have been rated AAA, and Rockwood is the only district to achieve a Financial Management Assessment (FMA) score of ‘strong' for operational and financial characteristics.  The FMA methodology indicates the district's practices are strong, well embedded, and likely sustainable.   

"Maintaining our AAA rating is an important achievement, especially in light of the challenging financial environment," said Chief Financial and Legislative Officer Shirley Broz.  "This rating, combined with our Moody's rating of AA2, helps save tax dollars by allowing the district better interest rates on bonds sold."

The AAA rating reflects Standard & Poor's view of the district's:

• Full participation in the St. Louis metropolitan area economy;
  • Very strong income levels and extremely strong market value per capita indicators;
  • Very strong reserves that adhere to the district's fund balance policy, coupled with, what is considered, strong management practices; and
  • Low debt burden as a percent of market value.
Quoting maciymommieof3:

Triple A Rated Public School District.......and the I pay for the school district in my big ass taxes!

The PhOtO bOoTh Love photography? just learning or experienced...we have it all here+contests and more!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)