Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Teen dies after being thrown from the back of a pick up truck

Eliot McDonald killed after being tossed from moving pick-up

6:10 AM, Jul 27, 2011 | comments

Dissen-Franklin County Missouri (KSDK)-- A Franklin County teenager is dead this morning after he was thrown from the back bed of a moving pick-up truck late Tuesday.

Accident investigators with the Missouri State Highway Patrol say 19 year old Eliot McDonald of Berger was in the back of the Dodge Ram that was northbound on Vedder Road, south of Route Y.

Reports indicate the northbound driver of the truck went into a curve and McDonald was ejected from the back of the truck and thrown to the ground.

The incident occurred around 11;45 Tuesday night and according to the Highway Patrol, McDonald was pronounced dead at the scene around thirty minutes later.

The driver of the pick-up involved has been identified as a 17 year old New haven woman who was not injured in the incident.

Her name is not being released by News Channel 5 at this time, pending the outcome of the investigation.

The PhOtO bOoTh Love photography? just learning or experienced...we have it all here+contests and more!

by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 11:24 AM
Replies (11-17):
earthangel1967
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Quoting Mychele:

I had a friend die this way. He was 17-18 years old and just finished up his senior year in HS. It's so sad.

im sorry hugs

betsystipo
by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 7:47 PM

What a tragedy!  Another life taken so young

TruthSeeker.
by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 9:17 PM

Quoting amonkeymom:

That's so sad!  Pickup beds are fun to ride in, but SO dangerous!

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Quoting lenoxclan:

WOW! My prayers go out to the families involved
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maciymommieof3
by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 10:34 PM

yeah right? I live in MO...and when I was @ a HS party and it got busted...we jumped into the back of a p/up truck bed and the p/up flipped on its side....no one was hurt....but I sure did learn a lesson that night.

Quoting VintageWife:

Ugh :( I was just discussing this kind of thing with my mom when I seen a bunch of little kids in the back of a truck.

The PhOtO bOoTh Love photography? just learning or experienced...we have it all here+contests and more!

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jul. 28, 2011 at 10:55 PM

how tragic!

paganbaby
by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 11:10 PM

awful

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN