Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I am NOT happy!

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 7:49 AM
  • 25 Replies

Sorry to talk politics but this whole national debt issue is really starting to wear on me. They are talking about making cuts in Financial aid for college students. The pell grant is the only thing keeping me in school at this point. I think there are other areas that can be cut. Why are we taking this whole issue out on the people who are trying to further educate themselves? They are messing with America's future. It really pisses me off. Okay.. vent over. 

by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
betsystipo
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 7:51 AM

Oh I'm sorry, I hope things don't affect you too much!  Hugs Mama

Miss-B
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 7:57 AM

im sorry

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 8:01 AM

Thanks, I just really want to finish school. This fall will be my third semester as a full time student since I went "back". I just really want to be able to earn my degree without having to take out loans and put our family in debt. So far I've been able to go to school for free thanks to the pell grant. I've already got this semester and next semester paid for by the government (which I think is awesome that they have that option available for those willing to do the paper work). Honestly if they make a substantial cut and my classes wont be paid for next year.. I'll probably have to drop out. I don't want to put a financial burden on my family : ( I just hope they get things figured out.  

Quoting betsystipo:

Oh I'm sorry, I hope things don't affect you too much!  Hugs Mama

LivinDeadGurl
So busy lately, I am damned near falling asleep sitting up. I think a nap is in order.
Yesterday at 3:54 PM
by Maranda on Jul. 29, 2011 at 11:10 AM

I know what you mean. =(

steelcrazy
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 11:15 AM

I completely agree with you.  Granted I have been out of college for more than 15 years, but a good chunk of my education was paid for by Pell grants and without them I most likely wouldn't have gone.

Cutting education on any level pisses me off because it will effect all of us in the future.  Having a country of adults whose education has lacked will only make things more difficult on our generation as we get older and need to rely on the younger generation for our care.

Courtney610
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 11:52 AM

((hugs)) 

mumsy2three
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2011 at 11:54 AM

Quoting Courtney610:

((hugs)) 

Peanutx3
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Sorry.

Kaelansmom
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Sorry... my son's therapy sessions may have to be cut because of cuts they are making to the DoD

4kidz916
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 2:35 PM

I'm sorry.  Unfortunately the politicians only seem to make cuts that will affect the ones who need help most and help the ones that are wealthy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN