Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Sorry to talk politics but this whole national debt issue is really starting to wear on me. They are talking about making cuts in Financial aid for college students. The pell grant is the only thing keeping me in school at this point. I think there are other areas that can be cut. Why are we taking this whole issue out on the people who are trying to further educate themselves? They are messing with America's future. It really pisses me off. Okay.. vent over. 

by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 7:49 AM
Replies (21-25):
Dani_Lynn
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 6:32 PM
Education and the military are always the first targets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LOswald0314
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 9:48 PM
Yep. It really is so backwards.

Quoting Dani_Lynn:

Education and the military are always the first targets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babowes
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 9:59 PM
Sorry momma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 2:49 AM

Nice vent.

"Our Founders warned against this. They said don't... that your liberty is only as secure as the people are. Because once they, um, get the ability to vote themselves entitlements from the largesse of the government, liberty is done; freedom is over with. We were warned. We are there." --Sharron Angle 

AKA: once they can vote themselves a raise, it's all over but the crying.

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 7:58 AM

It's ridiculous! Cutting funding where we need it the most. How did we get here? 

Quoting rkoloms:

Quoting janitablue:

I am freaking out because if they cut social security and medicaid/medicare how will the senior citizen and disable clients will  pay for  home services.

In Illinois, Medicaid is taking an average of 172 days to pay providers. Many doctors will stop accepting Medicaid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN