Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthmarks

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 11:58 AM
  • 20 Replies

Aubree 13 months

So my daughter has a birthmark on her nose. Although shaped like a heart I'm confused with what I should do. Even though i think she is precious with it i know when she gets older she will not appreciate having such a big spot on her little nose. So should I have it removed? If i do it will be when she is around 2. It would be considered cosmetic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 12:48 PM

Have you talked with her doctor about having it removed?  In all honesty, I probably would have it removed.  I have a birthmark that most people refer to as a beauty mark on my face beside my mouth.  I hate it and have hated it all of my life.  As I've aged it has started to sprout really coarse black hairs that I end up having to pluck out.  I wish that I didn't have it, yet I'm too afraid to have it removed.

Kristin42010
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 12:55 PM
I talked to her doctor and it has gotten a little bit smaller so i want to wait to see if it might go away. I just hate when people always ask me what happened to her nose. I can only imagine what people will say to her in school. Or when she is old enough to understand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 1:07 PM

I have birth marks but not on my face that is visible...i understand being female why things like that would bother us (females) so if the process is safe and won't hurt your baby...id say go for it after careful consideration. just my opinion.

aneela
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 1:08 PM

oh and if it was located elsewhere it might not be that big of a deal as she got older you know...but on the face can be a tough thing later on...but definitely weigh it carefully.

aneela
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 1:08 PM

btw she is too cute :-)

Kristin42010
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 1:22 PM
Thank you! She is my doll baby. I have talked to them and there are a few procedures. They would be a little painful but i would rather do it when she wont remember. I can't stand her in pain but emotionally i could only imagine how mean some kids and even adults can be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peanutx3
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 1:24 PM
She's adorable!
Kristin42010
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 1:25 PM
Thank you! Shes my little angel!

Quoting Peanutx3:

She's adorable!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaelansmom
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 1:51 PM

She is so cute! I agree with aneela. Weigh pros and cons and research the procedure.

Kristin42010
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 2:02 PM
I've done some research but I need to do more and talk to the doctor more. I think there will be more pros for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)