Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you ever think....

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 7:58 AM
  • 15 Replies

you can diagnosis yourself better than a doctor sometimes?

After my recent trip to a doc who specializes in Rhemotoid arthritis, allergies, and Fibromyalgia (where he told me nothing was wrong w/ me), I got very frustrated and started researching Fibro more.  One of my good friends has it - so she said did he do the trigger test?  I was like no, what is that?  So I googled it and I *believe* I have Fibro.  Soooo many things match up.  She said theres a good local doc I could try.  It took her 3 docs to finally get answers.  I always wondered why nothing OTC touched my pains....and I guess this is why.  Do you ever feel this way?  Anyone have Fibro?

by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jul. 30, 2011 at 8:28 AM

bumping up!

janitablue
by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 10:00 AM

I don't have fibro  but I hope someone can help you or relate to what you are going thru.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jul. 30, 2011 at 10:44 PM

I don't have it but a friend does, it is very hard on her.

betsystipo
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 8:58 AM

oh well thanks ladies

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jul. 31, 2011 at 1:55 PM

I don't have it, but I do know what you mean.

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 3:27 PM

I believe I have it too...but was told by a doctor I have it since all of my other blood work came out negative. I also had a lot of the symptoms that comes with fibro...My sister and grandmom have it too. But my regular doctor says it's just from my boouts of Lyme's ...I had it for the first time 16 years ago and have had 3 flare up since...all testing positive...3 bullseyes. My body is just shot is all I know, Bets.

Thanks to google and web md you can pretty much diagnose anyone! LOL But if you go to your doctor and he performs all tests and they rule all those out, plus whatever fibro symptoms you have, they can then give you a dx and any meds you need.

VintageWife
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2011 at 7:55 PM
My mom has it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
betsystipo
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 8:21 PM

My reg doc said he thinks I have the beginnings of it years ago.  I want to go to another doc sometime.  From what I've seen on the net, I do have it.  I did the trigger point test.  I just feel like something always hurts but no one ever knows why - isn't that enough evidence?

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

I believe I have it too...but was told by a doctor I have it since all of my other blood work came out negative. I also had a lot of the symptoms that comes with fibro...My sister and grandmom have it too. But my regular doctor says it's just from my boouts of Lyme's ...I had it for the first time 16 years ago and have had 3 flare up since...all testing positive...3 bullseyes. My body is just shot is all I know, Bets.

Thanks to google and web md you can pretty much diagnose anyone! LOL But if you go to your doctor and he performs all tests and they rule all those out, plus whatever fibro symptoms you have, they can then give you a dx and any meds you need.

TruthSeeker.
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Sometimes.

BeachMommy07
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 8:06 AM

I do not have Fibro, but unfortunately just because he/she is a MD doesn't give her justification of being a doctor. I'm sorry to sound so blunt,but I have lung issues and whenever I see a new Pulmonologist (lung dr.) they point my illness to Cystic Fibrosis and my rebuttal, 'but sir, I've been tested negative 4 times' and they reply, 'oh no julie you have the classic signs let's retest you' it's a joke. So I do not blame you for getting second opinion girl.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN