Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

:( We hit and killed a dog :(

Posted by   + Show Post
So my DH hit a small dog that ran out in the road. I'm positive it's dead. I feel awful. It's got me thinking about how do people handle this? Do you keep going and forget it? Do you stop and trying to get the animal off the road? Will you trying to find the owner to alert them to the accident?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 10:20 PM
Replies (11-20):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jul. 31, 2011 at 7:52 AM

good 

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Stop. I look at it like I would a child. See if it is hurt. Try to find the owner. If it's alive and no one is around take it to the vet. That's what I would do anyway.

betsystipo
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 9:05 AM

I would definately try to find the owner.  See how badly hurt it is and all.  It was an accident - everyone makes them.

blsdbyangel07
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 10:03 AM

:(   Yeah I would stop and see if it's dead.  If it's dead i'd move it off the road.  If it was near any houses i'd go up to a few in that area and see if the dog belongs to them.  That would help ease my mind.  If it's alive all I can think of is take it to the vet and go from there! 

4kidz916
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 1:21 PM

I would stop and try to find the owner so they would know what happened.

Courtney610
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Totally agree!

Quoting johnny4ever:

good 

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Stop. I look at it like I would a child. See if it is hurt. Try to find the owner. If it's alive and no one is around take it to the vet. That's what I would do anyway.

BeachMommy07
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 7:59 AM

Oh girl I am so sorry. If it's in fact dead, you have to remove it to the side of the road, alert the owners if you can find them if the dog has a tags. If not, maybe call the local police station alert them of the situation. I can't imagine what you are going through.

Vantrice
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 3:01 PM

I'm sorry.  I would be devestated if I accidentally killed someone's pet.  It happens though..  : (

LOswald0314
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 10:21 PM
That's so sad. I'd be distraught. I'm sure it's hard to stop and look at it but I would if I could.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babowes
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 10:25 PM
I guess I would do his.....but thank god it has not happened to me. Sorry momma...supertough.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink-Diamond
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 10:29 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN