Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

World Breastfeeding Week. 1 - 7 August

Posted by   + Show Post

World Breastfeeding Week. 1 - 7 August.
Celebrated in more than 170 countries worldwide.

http://worldbreastfeedingweek.org/

Were you a breastfeeding mama?

by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 9:25 AM
Replies (11-17):
armywife1229
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 9:59 PM

It was really quite an honor. WIC in my Mom's hometown asked me to come. I had gone there when I moved home during the last deployment to give them some formula and explained my situation. Then they invited me a few months later. It was so cool!

Quoting LOswald0314:

That's cool. I would love to do something like that.

Quoting armywife1229:

I sure was! I actually attended an event last year during this week to share my story with other breastfeeding mamas or soon-to- be mamas. 

babowes
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 10:00 PM
super awesome!

Quoting armywife1229:

It was really quite an honor. WIC in my Mom's hometown asked me to come. I had gone there when I moved home during the last deployment to give them some formula and explained my situation. Then they invited me a few months later. It was so cool!

Quoting LOswald0314:

That's cool. I would love to do something like that.

Quoting armywife1229:

I sure was! I actually attended an event last year during this week to share my story with other breastfeeding mamas or soon-to- be mamas. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dani_Lynn
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 10:34 PM
The second tome I was hospitalized for being septic from it. I want from zero symptoms to sepsis in less than 12 hours. I pumped and dumped through that and the week of antibiotics after I was discharged. Then went back to nursing until I got it the third time and want from being asymptomatic to being on the verge of another hospitalization in less than 4 hours.

Glad you were able to continue.

Quoting armywife1229:

I had this too! I had mastitis that abcessed. Most horrible thing ever, they had to drain the clogged ducts with needles in the hospital. Horrible! I kept going though, and made it to 14 months with Abigail. 

Quoting Dani_Lynn:

I was with my first. After 3 bouts of mastitis, one that had me hospitalized for 3 days on multiple Iv antibiotics, DS was formula fed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 2:27 AM

Yup. Both girls. Exclusively.

usmclife58
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 11:22 AM

I FF....

Bump!

armywife1229
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Dani, what an ordeal! I can totally understand stopping. I toyed with it after they were talking surgery. 

bramamber
by Member on Aug. 2, 2011 at 3:26 PM
Yep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN