Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Back to school?

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 7:04 PM
  • 14 Replies

My 5 year old is starting Kindergarten this year *tear*. Today I went to do her supply shopping (she doesn't start until the 22nd) and I was really proud of myself!

Minus her back pack, I managed to buy almost everything on her list (forgot colored pencils and Kleenex) for 22 bucks!! I didn't even have to get the generic stuff. I scoped all the sales last night and found some great deals. I am feeling very accomplished right now! The school supply kits that our pto sells were 50$ and I will end up spending much less including her back pack!

How much are you planning (or already) on spending on school supplies?

by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dani_Lynn
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 7:10 PM

I'm hoping to come in under $50.  I think she can reuse her ruler, pencil box, and calculator.  I am letting her get a new backpack this year since she'll be going to a school that requires uniforms.  It will be her one way to be an individual.

LOswald0314
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 7:17 PM
Good job! I
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USAFamily
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Ugh! DD was in a school last year (a public preK) that required uniforms. I hate them! Just because I feel like my child can't be an individual with them. I can completely understand you getting your dd a cool back pack :)

Quoting Dani_Lynn:

I'm hoping to come in under $50.  I think she can reuse her ruler, pencil box, and calculator.  I am letting her get a new backpack this year since she'll be going to a school that requires uniforms.  It will be her one way to be an individual.

USAFamily
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 7:18 PM

lol :)

Quoting LOswald0314:

Good job! I

steelcrazy
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Luckily I will spend nothing on back to school supplies.  Our awesomely great PTA buys all of the classroom supplies for the teachers so the parents don't have to.  My boys have LLBean backpacks that are in great shape, so no need to buy a new one of those either.

USAFamily
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 7:28 PM

That IS an awesome PTA!! Very cool!

Quoting steelcrazy:

Luckily I will spend nothing on back to school supplies.  Our awesomely great PTA buys all of the classroom supplies for the teachers so the parents don't have to.  My boys have LLBean backpacks that are in great shape, so no need to buy a new one of those either.

babowes
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 10:48 PM
we shopped the house first. we hope to only spend ten more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Aug. 2, 2011 at 11:07 PM

I couldn't tell you. I don't even know what is on the list for supplies yet.

tears30314
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 7:53 AM
i dont know whats on my kiddos list yet. I would have to check.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
Having a great birthday!
Yesterday at 4:52 PM
by Mrs. Depp on Aug. 3, 2011 at 7:57 AM

I spent close to $50 alone on school supllies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)