Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dress Code for the adults in the schools? PIOG

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2011 at 8:25 PM
  • 16 Replies

What do you think? Should there be a dress code for the adults that work in the schools? Not just teachers, but the secretaries, counselors, everyone?!

I know. Adults shouldn't have to be told what is and what isn't appropriate. 

Today at Open House at the HS, one of the secretaries at the had on a low cut blouse. It covered just enough. I know that showing cleavage is in fashion. But I believe there's a time and place for everything. And imho , around teenage boys is not the place. sigh~

by on Aug. 4, 2011 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VintageWife
by on Aug. 4, 2011 at 9:45 PM
You should say something. That's not appropriate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Aug. 4, 2011 at 11:20 PM

When I was in school there was a dress code for the staff.

Dani_Lynn
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 8:18 AM
I'm sure the kids see more cleavage on tv, billboards and magazine add than what the office ladies are wearing. Most businesses, including schools, have an employee dress code. If you really felt it was out of place you should have asked about the employee dress code while there or mentioned you thought it was too revealing to the secretary wearing it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Yes, there should. Since common sense is not so common.

armywife1229
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 11:54 AM

I would never think that low-cut blouses would be acceptable at a work place. Especially not at a school.

Peanutx3
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 12:11 PM

I think schools should have a dress code for employees as well as the students.

thenguyenclan
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 7:59 AM

i think there should be a dress code..aren't schools supposed to be business casual or rather they have to wear school shirts or something....

ecagle
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Yep! There should be a dress code! It's a work environment!

Mommy_of_Riley
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 4:42 PM
Every school I've student taught at had a dress code...

So yes there should be one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2011 at 8:44 PM

I knew it was too revealing yet we were surrounded by students and parents. It wasn't the time to address this. If I do go up there and see her again like this I definitely will ask about it. And the secretary wasnt some young hot thing either but probably about my age and heavy set. I just didnt get her reasoning for wanting to dress like this in front of teenage boys.

Quoting Dani_Lynn:

I'm sure the kids see more cleavage on tv, billboards and magazine add than what the office ladies are wearing. Most businesses, including schools, have an employee dress code. If you really felt it was out of place you should have asked about the employee dress code while there or mentioned you thought it was too revealing to the secretary wearing it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)