Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How are you making sure that you and your family stay hydrated in this heat and your pets cool? (If you have any pets) PIOG

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 11:52 AM
  • 16 Replies

by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armywife1229
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 11:57 AM

I just give my kids water throughout the day. We don't have pets, but I'd do the same for them.

Peanutx3
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Well we are not scorching hot in my neck of the woods but our dog has a big bucket of water that I make sure is filled before I go to work.  My kids have access to water whenever they want.  They help themselves to the water.

lovinangels
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 12:32 PM

I keep water and tea in the fridge and the kids get whatever they want.

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Aug. 5, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Water, water, water.......we even keep the kiddie pool outside filled with fresh water. The dog loves to play in it when she gets too hot.

bramamber
by Member on Aug. 5, 2011 at 7:38 PM
Water! We all carry a water bottle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sara.Worthey
by Member on Aug. 5, 2011 at 8:05 PM
Plenty of fluids easily accessed. My bf baby is the hardest to keep hydrated cause he gets too hot to nurse. We have been doing a ton of short more frequent nursing sessions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babowes
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 9:53 AM

No pets!  BUT we majorly drink water all day!!!!!!!!!!  DH is crazy about this!!!!!!!!!!

thenguyenclan
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 7:47 AM

lots of water :-) 

we also dont go outside when its really really humid out...but when we do go outside the first thing i get for my kids is something for them to drink so they'll stay hydrated :-) 

armywife1229
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 9:50 AM

This was Abigail last summer. I finally figured out that she was too hot (and too small) to eat every few hours, she had to eat more often! I invested in a guaze wrap so that she could be held without us both overheating. It was easy to nurse her in as well.

Quoting Sara.Worthey:

Plenty of fluids easily accessed. My bf baby is the hardest to keep hydrated cause he gets too hot to nurse. We have been doing a ton of short more frequent nursing sessions.

Mommy_of_Riley
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 4:59 PM
We stay inside in the AC.

If we go outside we have plenty of water bottles and popsicles... And our dog always has a tagalong water bowl with us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)