Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sleep advice

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 12:11 AM
  • 10 Replies

would like any and all tips on how to help my lo go to sleep at night .

she is 8 months old . and  starting to not want to go to sleep its a fight every night

since she was 3 months old she has hated being held when trying to go to sleep . so rocking her don't work

she has a routine that is the same every night

i always make sure she is dry has full tummy etc ,

Ive tried putting her in bed then walking away going back every few min . she sits her self up in bed and yells

Ive tried sitting in room with her so she could see me ,, nope

anyone have any ideas ,, I'm a first time mom and lost

by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
seraphimsong
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 10:02 AM
Try laying her on her tummy and patting or rubbing her back. Sometimes it takes a little while but it works on most kids. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babowes
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 12:28 PM
We do bath, lotion rub, books, singing, all this in her room. We started this when she was about 7 months old. We try not to bring her back down stairs. I then give her milk, pat her back, stand and sway ,put her same music on, lay her in the same place in bed with her paci and soft say night and walk out. Sometimes we get a squak or nothing......it is rare to have her scream. She I now 15 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2b116
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 1:02 PM

thanks

mommymunchkinss
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 1:27 PM

It seems like you are doing a good job so far by trying different things. Have you spoken to her pediatrition about this?

bramamber
by Member on Aug. 9, 2011 at 2:17 PM
I am in the same boat. I think she is makin up for how easy we had it with her brothers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife1229
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 8:46 PM

Is she teething?

rkoloms
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Many babies don't sleep through the night (defined as six solid hours) until past their first birthdays.

Co-sleeping saved me during the baby months; it was so easy to doze/sleep, while my daughter nursed.

mom2b116
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 12:58 AM

she sleeps great once she is asleep .. its the getting her to lay down and sleep part

Quoting rkoloms:

Many babies don't sleep through the night (defined as six solid hours) until past their first birthdays.

Co-sleeping saved me during the baby months; it was so easy to doze/sleep, while my daughter nursed.

armywife1229
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 8:55 AM

She's still a baby, so if you wanted to keep co-sleeping it would be ok. Or perhaps, having her in the pack'n'play in your room?

Also, did you recently stop nursing? Maybe she misses that.

usmclife58
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 2:46 PM

What about some white noise? A fan, vacuum. 

Maybe she wants to be rocked to sleep now?

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)