Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

he is abusive to his brother!

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 8:54 PM
  • 13 Replies
my seven yr old takes sibling rivalry to the next level. my four yr old is my second baby. he has always had this intense hatred toward my four yr old. i broke it off with df and moved to a shelter when my ds2 was 4 Months. my ds1 put him in a swing and pushed the swing so high that the baby dropped out of there. or when I was changing him, I turned my back and he yanked ds2 by his feet to the floor. he has always had this resentment towards him. fast forward to today, they play fight alot but ds1 always takes it far and today he went too far. he had the nerve to walk up to me and tell me yeah, i punched him in the stomach(smething he has been doing a lot lately). so I went to check on ds2, he is doubled over in pain,crying trying to catch his breath. i just cant take it anymore. he wanted sme soda but I dont give them any but every once in a blue moon. well i offered him sme ina cup, he didnt want it so I gave it to ds2. well ds1 spills it all over him. I have 2 yr old and a boy due in Sept. So I honestly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LOswald0314
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 8:57 PM
If he's purposely physically hurting you other son then he may need to see someone mama, before it gets worse. Fighting is normal to an extent, but it sounds like this goes beyond that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tears30314
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 8:58 PM
cant handle his behavior. I talk calmly,yell,take things away, time out, everything. I am just at my wits end with him. he is three times the size of his brother and his brother is a very skinny boy so It makes me mad that he is being a bully to him. he doesnt act that way with his sister, just him. Help! any suggestions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddies_mom101
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 8:58 PM

I would look into some therapy for your oldest.....

kristy0833
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 9:01 PM

take him to a behavioral therapist.. or maybe you are nto giving him the attention he thinks he needs and you give it to your other kids.. there is such a thing as oldest child syndrome..

Mommy_of_Riley
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 9:05 PM
I'd look into behavior therapy...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tears30314
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 9:09 PM
oh and df and i have been back together since my four yr old was seven mnths and df and ds1 have a better relationship than he and I do. I just dont understand why is always so messed toward me and ds2. I dont treat any of them differently.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristy0833
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 9:10 PM

you may not think you treat them different.. but HE may think so

Peanutx3
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 10:51 PM

I agree.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

I'd look into behavior therapy...

bramamber
by Member on Aug. 9, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Quoting Maddies_mom101:

I would look into some therapy for your oldest.....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2lilmamas
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 6:43 AM

Yes please take the little one to see a therapist ASAP. I feel bad if you leave the other child alone what more he is capable of doing to the little one. I'm assuming everytime he's around his little brother must be terrified.Try to take pro caution about leaving your little son alone with him. Escpecially now that there another family member on the way try to get him the help that he needs..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN