Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When was the last time you got to do something by yourself? Something as simple as going to the store or something as luxurious as a spa day, just alone?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 4:55 PM
Replies (11-20):
LOswald0314
by on Aug. 11, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Oh that sounds like fun!

Quoting yasbobari:

Last week, in laws were here , dh and fil stayed with the girls and sent us to the salon : ) got a pedicure and hair cut .

thenguyenclan
by on Aug. 11, 2011 at 10:40 PM

um.....i dont remember....maybe i went to the store by myself a few weeks ago?

babowes
by on Aug. 11, 2011 at 11:05 PM
Today. Bank and store.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peanutx3
by on Aug. 12, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Grocery shopping on my way home from work before I pick up the kids from daycare.  It may only be 20 minutes but it is 20 minutes of quiet.

LOswald0314
by on Aug. 12, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Exactly.  I wouldn't care if my alone time was spent cleaning the house or running errands, I just want alone time!!

Quoting Peanutx3:

Grocery shopping on my way home from work before I pick up the kids from daycare.  It may only be 20 minutes but it is 20 minutes of quiet.

Peanutx3
by on Aug. 12, 2011 at 12:29 PM

It definitely gets easier for alone time as the kids get older.  My youngest is now almost 5 and my oldest is a responsible 9. 

Quoting LOswald0314:

Exactly.  I wouldn't care if my alone time was spent cleaning the house or running errands, I just want alone time!!

Quoting Peanutx3:

LindaClement
by on Aug. 12, 2011 at 12:58 PM

I get a lot of time to myself these days (kids are 19 and 22, only one still at home)... I do whatever I feel like at the time.

It has struck me as kinda weird that, very often, the first thing people do with their 'precious' alone time is rush out to be with other people...

lovinangels
by on Aug. 12, 2011 at 1:09 PM

I go to the store EVERY WEEK by myself. My kids and my couponing do not mix. I got up this morning and went for an hour long walk. Mostly I get up super early though to have alone moments.

LOswald0314
by on Aug. 13, 2011 at 1:36 AM
By alone time I mean not having a baby on my hip or toddler to chase :). Going out in public isn't technically being alone but it's nice to be able to grocery shop in peace.

Quoting LindaClement:

I get a lot of time to myself these days (kids are 19 and 22, only one still at home)... I do whatever I feel like at the time.

It has struck me as kinda weird that, very often, the first thing people do with their 'precious' alone time is rush out to be with other people...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LOswald0314
by on Aug. 13, 2011 at 1:37 AM
I keep telling DH I am going to start getting up before the kids so I can have some time... That hasnt happened yet!

Quoting lovinangels:

I go to the store EVERY WEEK by myself. My kids and my couponing do not mix. I got up this morning and went for an hour long walk. Mostly I get up super early though to have alone moments.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)