Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Food Shopping Meltdown

Posted by   + Show Post

Well, we had our first one today. EVER! (Now, get over the part where you hate me because I've only had one in 3 years and focus on me! Lol.)

Everything was normal until we hit the checkout line. Then Declan morphed into a monster. I'm still not sure what his problem was, but the tears and the screaming didn't end until about 30 minutes after we got home. He just melted down and screamed for about 15 minutes while I was checking out.

I would have laughed if it wasn't so annoying.

Thanks for listening ladies, I know you can understand!

by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 12:23 PM
Replies (11-20):
splatz
by Sarah on Aug. 15, 2011 at 7:53 PM
Sorry mama! What a rough day for you both. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Love060708kids
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Oh jeez!  Meltdowns are the worst!  

USAFamily
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Ugh.... it happens every time we do shopping of any kind. It sucks.

BeachMommy07
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Candy aisle? lol

Andeigh
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 9:07 AM

I avoid taking mine at all costs, just because my youngest ones are 3 and 4.. I plan my trips when my older kids are in school and DH is home with the youngest ones. 

babowes
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 10:30 PM

hugs momma...been there!

Oddy_Knocky
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Been there, done that, don't care to repeat. 

armywife1229
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:45 AM

I do wish this was an option. Mine are 17 months and 3. If I waited until DH came home we might not have food some weeks! ;) I'd have to got at lke 8 pm. 

Quoting Andeigh:

I avoid taking mine at all costs, just because my youngest ones are 3 and 4.. I plan my trips when my older kids are in school and DH is home with the youngest ones. 

LindaClement
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:18 PM

In our case, it would have been months.

Have you ever considered having your groceries delivered? It's a service that's always been around here (free with a minimum order, usually something like $25), but it's really gaining popularity now.

Quoting armywife1229:

I do wish this was an option. Mine are 17 months and 3. If I waited until DH came home we might not have food some weeks! ;) I'd have to got at lke 8 pm. 

Quoting Andeigh:

armywife1229
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Not really. You can't beat the prices at the commissary. But it would be a nice option if I had the extra money. 

Quoting LindaClement:

In our case, it would have been months.

Have you ever considered having your groceries delivered? It's a service that's always been around here (free with a minimum order, usually something like $25), but it's really gaining popularity now.

Quoting armywife1229:

Quoting Andeigh:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN