Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what type of technology do your kids have?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 2:19 PM
  • 28 Replies

DD has a little POS nokia that only calls texts. She wants to get something android based, and I'm a little leery. 

Does your kid have a cell phone? What kind?

by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xsbnix
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 2:21 PM

well since my kids are only 4-2 haha they dont have anything except a wii that they watch netflix on haha and my older DS had a nintendo DS that he would listen to book games on like activity things. but this christmas i want to get them both PSP since you can watch movies on them, for when we go on long trips.

xRockaBrittanyx
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 2:23 PM

Zac has like 6 cell phones. None of them work. Haha.

But, my husband and I have agreed to get the boys Fireflies when they go into school. For emergency and safety purposes only.

xsbnix
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 2:24 PM

oh almost forgot.. how old is your DD? i know i have an android phone I have the LG vortex and its supposed to be an android for beginners but at first it was actually hard to understand and it stinks because its touch screen and sometimes the touch can go out on them and then some places wont cover it even though you have insurance and then your out however much you paid for it lol. There is a market on there that you can download applications but if they arent careful they can dowload ones that cost money and be charged to your bill. and most phones like that now are smart phones and you pay an extra $30-$50 a month just to have it connected. I have verizon and i pay an extra $30 on top of mine. which i may be going back to a regular phone because i only text usually so its pretty much a waste. those smart phones are more for people that do email and are online alot lol.

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Aug. 16, 2011 at 2:34 PM

My children won't have cell phones until they are old enough to pay the bill themselves.

Peanutx3
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 2:47 PM

does a fake cell phone count?  LOL  We have not even thought of cell phones yet for the little ones.  My oldest is only 9.

Kaelansmom
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 2:48 PM

my son is 5...all he has is a leapster, and the leapster pen.

He will have a Wii for Yule.. no phone though, he doesn't get one of those until he can pay for it himself.

Peanutx3
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 2:49 PM

In my opinion kids don't need a cell phone until at least middle school, that will be a few more years away for my daughter.

Peanutx3
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 2:51 PM

As for other technology my oldest has an i-pod nano and a DS.  We are thinking about buying the almost 7 year old his own DS for his birthday or Christmas.  My almost 5 year old doesn't have any high tech toys of her own.

splatz
by Sarah on Aug. 16, 2011 at 2:58 PM
My son is 5, no cell phone until he's paying for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Aug. 16, 2011 at 3:02 PM

They do however have nintendo ds equipped with nerf armor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)