Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Since Lexi hit 12-13 months I have been putting her in her crib, turning on some music, and letting her go to sleep on her own. The first nap is usually the easiest for me...usually she'll lay right down and drift off to sleep. Then the next nap she fusses for 5-10 minutes until she falls asleep but come bedtime at night... HOLY COW. She will cry and cry and cry as if I'm abandoning her. I'd rather no rock her to sleep but some nights I dont know what to do other than let her cry. I feel horrible but at the same time I can't help but wonder why this pattern has gone on when I've been doing this for 2-3 weeks. Maybe more. Lol. Lexi and Landon share a room right now so I'm afraid her fussing for such a long time will interfer with Landon's sleep.

How did/do you sleep train your little ones?

Click on me to see what it's all about!

by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 6:40 PM
Replies (11-11):
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2011 at 10:49 AM

I'm not bothered by late nights. With my first he'd go to sleep whenever we did and sometimes it was 10 o'clock before he was in bed. The next day he was always grumpy so eventually that led to putting him in bed at 8:30 every night (unless we were at my in-laws, of course). I set up a routine and after a couple of weeks he was in his own bed, going to sleep. Lex is younger so that's why I'm starting now so it's easier on her, not me.

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

I didn't really sleep train mine. I just dealt with the late nights. When everyone hit school age they go to bed at 8:30 like it or not.

Click on me to see what it's all about!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)