Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's everyone watching? Favorite shows?

by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 9:49 PM
Replies (21-30):
LOswald0314
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 1:53 AM

I haven't used streaming for a bit, I need to though.

naominpipermom
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 1:55 AM
Pawn stars..im addicted
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thenguyenclan
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 7:48 AM

we use hulu now...i havent been on netflix in a long time actually....

MissLoveLyfe
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Oh!! They have the old incredible hulk series!! I love it!! I never watched it before netflix and then SO introduced me to it!! I am hooked..lol

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2011 at 11:21 AM

If you don't mind me asking, how much do you pay to stream/use dvds? We're currently paying $88 a month for satellite and have been thinking about getting rid of it.

lovinangels
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Kids are watching veggie tales right now.

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 21, 2011 at 2:04 PM

$88 a month holy crap lol I know the prices are going up some on Netflix but I believe streaming is $8 a month and dvds will be $8 (minimum) a month as well. But wow if you just got streaming and then used other free sites like hulu you would save $80 a month. 

Quoting jltplk25:

If you don't mind me asking, how much do you pay to stream/use dvds? We're currently paying $88 a month for satellite and have been thinking about getting rid of it.

quietmomma
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Do you have to have a pretty fast internet speed to do streaming??  And do you wirelessly stream it or do you have an internet cable hooked up directly to your Wii??

Quoting goddess99:

Yep all 3 of us have a computer and we have a wii and some box thing hooked to our tv in our bedroom. We have all sorts of stuff going at once and we haven't had a problem.

Quoting babowes:

Through wii and one the cmputers all at once huh?!?!?

Quoting goddess99:

We haven't had any streaming problems and alot of times we are all on different things all watching Netflix at the same time. I think it more depends on your internet.

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 21, 2011 at 2:38 PM

we have at&t dsl 3 mb. Yes we wirelessly stream to everything. Wii is wireless as well.  **my hubby answered these questions, he's the mega geek Not me :) **

Quoting quietmomma:

Do you have to have a pretty fast internet speed to do streaming??  And do you wirelessly stream it or do you have an internet cable hooked up directly to your Wii??

Quoting goddess99:

Yep all 3 of us have a computer and we have a wii and some box thing hooked to our tv in our bedroom. We have all sorts of stuff going at once and we haven't had a problem.

Quoting babowes:

Through wii and one the cmputers all at once huh?!?!?

Quoting goddess99:

We haven't had any streaming problems and alot of times we are all on different things all watching Netflix at the same time. I think it more depends on your internet.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Yeah it started out at 70-something then it went up to 80, 85, now $88. We have DirectTV. :/

Thanks! I will have to talk to DH and see if this is something we could use.

Quoting goddess99:

$88 a month holy crap lol I know the prices are going up some on Netflix but I believe streaming is $8 a month and dvds will be $8 (minimum) a month as well. But wow if you just got streaming and then used other free sites like hulu you would save $80 a month. 

Quoting jltplk25:

Click on me to see what it's all about!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)