Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

If money were no object, would you homeschool?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 7:40 PM
Replies (11-20):
lovinangels
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 8:02 PM

thank you both for all that you do. I have no idea how you manage. I'm alone ten hours a day, and there are days when I'm ready to scream by the time he gets home.

Quoting ecagle:

I think for us, it's different.  My husband is in the military, so there are times where I'm essentially a single parent...I have to have reliable child care if I'm working...

Quoting lovinangels:

We actually won't have child care expenses, our shifts will be staggered once the youngest is kindergarten.

Quoting ecagle:

True, but then you also normally have to pay for after-school care, school supplies, and other additional expenses when you have two people in the household working. 

Quoting lovinangels:

supplies aren't the only issue. You have to take into account that some women would have to give up their employment, or half their family's income.

Quoting ecagle:

I think proper homeschooling can occur on a limited budget, especially today.  Handwriting sheets can be printed from internet, books can be taken from the library etc.

Leighanne29
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Not in this lifetime!!  haha

othermom
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2011 at 8:24 PM

No, as much as I love teaching things to my kids. I know they they do better when they learn from some one else because they work harded for other people and it is less frustrating.

Andeigh
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Nope!  I don't have the patience.. 

Dani_Lynn
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 8:57 PM
No, I don't have the patience. But the dismal state of our public schools pushed us to put them in private school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Aug. 21, 2011 at 9:05 PM

This is going to be her first year. She starts tomorrow. I will let you know how we like it. 

Quoting lovinangels:

I've seen those. How is it working out for you?

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

I homeschooled for three years. I worked out fine for us for the time we did it, but our family needs changed and we decided to stop. However, my child who was homeschooled is still at home during the day as she now attends an online public school. 

mrsnoble2004
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 10:20 PM

It's not really a money object for me. I just don't think I can teach social skills by homeschooling.

USAFamily
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 11:02 PM

I could homeschool if I wanted. I just have neither the patience or the adequate skills to teach my kids what they would learn in a school setting.

If I was uncomfortable with the school they were attending though, I would have no problem taking them out and giving it my all for them.

Kaelansmom
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 11:02 PM

no.. but that is because Kael has problems that I cannot address

lovinangels
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 11:08 PM

I'm actually being pretty selfish. I want to keep them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN