Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know why i bothered.

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 9:54 PM
  • 9 Replies
to do classes this semester. i don't know what i want to do even, i just chose something that seemed cool( hotel management). i can't study ever. i tried to read a chapter tonight for my chapter tomorrow, but my son wouldn't stop jumping on me. he already ripped out a page and school only started monday. i might as well stop now, because im never going to be able to study, or even think about the term papers (like my professor who wants a 30 page paper, where the longest i have ever written was 5 pages, and that was horrible enough) i would rather spend my life working at party city at this point. FML. i really just want to quit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
USAFamily
by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Don't give up!! Try to put him to bed, and then study.

I know it must be so hard, but think about how worth it it will be in the end!! ((HUGS))

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 23, 2011 at 9:58 PM

Aw don't feel like that. Hopefully things will get better, maybe you'll get into some type of routine, try to stick it out if you can.

good luck

splatz
by Sarah on Aug. 23, 2011 at 10:46 PM
Don't give up mama! It all pays off in the end.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Aug. 23, 2011 at 10:46 PM
Don't give up mama! It all pays off in the end.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddies_mom101
by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 10:58 PM

don't give up.... I know how hard it is.... I was in school with a newborn and a 3.5 yr old

Maddies_mom101
by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 11:00 PM

I wanted to give up all the time

Andeigh
by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 11:19 PM

I'm in school with 4 kids!  You can do this :) 

LindaClement
by on Aug. 24, 2011 at 2:02 AM

You may find it easier to mix study with kids if you do the opposite of the standard advice:

Get up earlier (nap during the day, if you have to --crock pots can make it so you can nap before dinner and still eat at a reasonable hour).

If you stay up late, when you're already baked, you'll be screwed.

If you get up earlier... or just use the time of the day when kids are fed, rested and happy to play alone for half an hour at a time... you'll find you're studying when your brain actually functions.

One woman I met used to set her alarm and get up at 2:30am, to quilt. She 'got' that quilting and little kids don't mix... and didn't want to give it up.. So she got up, had peace and quiet in the house for an hour and then went back to bed for enough rest to manage until naptime before dinner.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Aug. 24, 2011 at 2:15 AM

I am struggling with this right now too. I however have not enrolled bc fear of not being able to stick it out. I know I need to do better for my childs sake and to also teach her that you can do anything bc if I don't set a example for her than who knows where she will find one from and also how could I expect more for her if I didn't try myself! Hang in there and give it a lil while! If you need to take just a class or two at a time do it! It will be well worth it in the end momma!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)