Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Hurricane Irene along the east coast...

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 7:10 AM
  • 16 Replies

Just wondering for those of you along the east coast if you are preparing yourselves for this hurricane that is coming our way? If so what are your doing to prepare for it? My hubby went out last night to fill up gas cans for our generator, in case we lose our power.  I live in Maine, but we are not sure what we will get out of this storm. 

Lynnamerican flag ribbon

by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 7:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Strega
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 7:17 AM
Yeah, we're preparing. Having my Husband pick up some masking tape for the Windows today, and we'll probably take the Pool down, and add more anchors to the Swingset. I remember during Gloria years ago, our old Swingset blew away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dani_Lynn
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 10:21 AM

We're in Maryland.  I bought some extra water, non perishable foods, extra batteries.   I called housing to see if they were going to do anything to prepare and supposedly after the rain settles down we'll be receiving a letter.

It's expected to be a Cat 2 by the time it hits this area and from what I'm reading shrubbery, mobile homes and piers stand the greatest chance of damage.  My main concern is being without power.  Perhaps I should get some candles....

Andeigh
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 10:23 AM

I won't be affected ( in Wisconsin ) but I hope everyone is prepared and stays safe. 

lovinangels
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 10:36 AM

It looks like it could be close for us.

Michy_momof3
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 10:40 AM

irene just missed us over here in orlando...be safe everyone...she a baddddd one!

splatz
by Sarah on Aug. 25, 2011 at 10:43 AM
I don't miss hurricane season.

Stay safe mamas!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinangels
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 11:02 AM

I'm actually just looking into this and it looks like it will go right over us. That's so FUN.

armywife1229
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 12:50 PM

I'm gonna make sure everything outside is secured/put away and we have enough food. If it looks like its going to be really bad, I'll head to my mom's or in-laws. They're quite inland and we'd be ok there. But I don't think it'll be that bad.

3dragonflies
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 1:21 PM

Omg!  drove by the grocery stores this morning on my way to work and they were already busy... I will be stopping in on my way home... hope the shelves are not bare.... Only need a few things cuz I know I won't be doing groceries on Sunday...

Best of luck to everyone... Be safe my friends!

USAFamily
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 3:02 PM

We are in TX -so nothing to worry about here. But to those of you on the East Coast --stay safe!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN