Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP! 6 month old has bumps

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 5:48 PM
  • 11 Replies

my 6 1?2 month old has these red bumps all over her back. idk what they are cuz i am a first time mom. they are only on her back & they dont seem like they hurt her but she doesnt act like she notices them. they are very red. i noticed when i undressed her because her diaper had leaked out the front. 

heres the pic of her back:

also i did not notice them when i changed her this morning when her diaper had leaked the first time. so they must have sprang up sometime during the day. could it be bed bugs? and if so idk how to get rid of them since she sleeps in a play yard and i cannot wash the mattress in a washer..

by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TruthSeeker.
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Have you started her on solids yet?

Have you used any special fabric softener or laundry soap lately?

Could be heat rash? Hives.

Does there appear to be a center to them? Like a pustule?

Bedbud bites are smaller than that and there is usually blood on the clothing from them bites and itching(my daughter is into everything bugs so we've watched Lots of bug documentaries).

Lynzee.Limon
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 6:15 PM

hmm looks kind of like a heat rash.. it's monday so your Drs office should be open if it is hot where you are try to give her a cool bath using only a wash cloth to wipe her, no soap (incase the use of a new soap is what caused the rash to begin with).. 
also, if she is leaking from her diapers often, she's probably ready for the next size up, my son did the same thing and when we switched him to a new size he was much less fussy and only leaked out during the night when we was changed less often..

Miss.Lena.1
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 6:37 PM
Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Have you started her on solids yet?

Have you used any special fabric softener or laundry soap lately?

Could be heat rash? Hives.

Does there appear to be a center to them? Like a pustule?

Bedbud bites are smaller than that and there is usually blood on the clothing from them bites and itching(my daughter is into everything bugs so we've watched Lots of bug documentaries).

She been on solids for about a month now.

An noweve been using the same detergent we've always used since she was born.

And it might be heat rash because we were outside today and lately the heat has been pretty high in Austin.

And yes it has a dot raised in the center kind of small
Miss.Lena.1
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 6:39 PM
Quoting Lynzee.Limon:

hmm looks kind of like a heat rash.. it's monday so your Drs office should be open if it is hot where you are try to give her a cool bath using only a wash cloth to wipe her, no soap (incase the use of a new soap is what caused the rash to begin with).. also, if she is leaking from her diapers often, she's probably ready for the next size up, my son did the same thing and when we switched him to a new size he was much less fussy and only leaked out during the night when we was changed less often..

Ya shes been wearing threes but she still fit into her twos so i was just letting her wear them till we ran out cuz we had so many.

But ill try that thanks so much!
splatz
by Sarah on Aug. 29, 2011 at 7:20 PM
Reminds me of when my son had heat rash when he was smaller.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USAFamily
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 7:59 PM

IDK what it is. It doesn't look like heat rash, maybe bites?? I would schedule an appt with your dr asap and keep an eye on her beathing and temperature! ((HUGS))

USAFamily
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 8:00 PM

IMO, it's too splotchy in specific places to be heat rash or hives. Those kinds of rashes are wide spread and don't have multiple central rash spots with more rash spreading from the site.

lovinangels
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 8:48 PM

I'd say heat rash, but did she get any shots recently, and have you started any new foods recently?

Miss.Lena.1
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 9:10 PM
Quoting lovinangels:

I'd say heat rash, but did she get any shots recently, and have you started any new foods recently?

No shots & we give her cereal but started giving her applesauce for the past 3 days
babowes
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 9:38 PM
Spider bites? Tis the season.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)