Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

HELP! 6 month old has bumps

Posted by   + Show Post

my 6 1?2 month old has these red bumps all over her back. idk what they are cuz i am a first time mom. they are only on her back & they dont seem like they hurt her but she doesnt act like she notices them. they are very red. i noticed when i undressed her because her diaper had leaked out the front. 


heres the pic of her back:


also i did not notice them when i changed her this morning when her diaper had leaked the first time. so they must have sprang up sometime during the day. could it be bed bugs? and if so idk how to get rid of them since she sleeps in a play yard and i cannot wash the mattress in a washer..

by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 5:48 PM
Replies (11-11):
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2011 at 11:10 PM
It could a contact rash. My son used to break out in the most random rashes and about 80% of the time it was contact, the other 20% were viral. Keep her cool and watch to see if it spreads. You can use baby powder to draw heat out and if it isn't heat rash, hydrocortisone cream works great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN