Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

To be, or not to be...

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 11:13 PM
  • 20 Replies
I've been thinking about college today and what I should do. Right now my major is nursing but I haven't applied to the actual nursing school. I'm not sure if I should go for it or if I should switch my major to psychology. I love helping people and I enjoy the medical field.... I just don't know what I should do. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
janitablue
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 11:22 PM

Maybe create a pro and con list for each field . Look at the list see how would each field (career choice) will benefit you and your family.

splatz
by Sarah on Aug. 29, 2011 at 11:27 PM
I like this idea!

I'm no help. I'm at a stand still with college. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up, lol.

Quoting janitablue:

Maybe create a pro and con list for each field . Look at the list see how would each field (career choice) will benefit you and your family.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2011 at 12:20 AM
Let's run away to never never land then! ;)

Quoting splatz:

I like this idea!

I'm no help. I'm at a stand still with college. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up, lol.

Quoting janitablue:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LOswald0314
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 2:11 AM

What are you thinking of doing with a psychology degree? That would be what makes my decision....do you want to get a Doctorate degree in it and be a psychologist? If not, then think about the options you would be left with, especially in this economy.  I'm all about college degrees that give you a specific career, such as nursing.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2011 at 9:54 AM
Well that settles it... Nursing it is. I want to be able to actually raise my kids, not be a figure in their lives. I'm not saying that those who pursue doctorates are just figures in their families lives; that's how I feel about *my* situation. Because in all honesty, if I had the time and money, I'd be a doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Aug. 30, 2011 at 10:31 AM
Haha, sounds like fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bramamber
by Member on Aug. 30, 2011 at 10:33 AM
How about job shadowing? With psychology if you wanted to work on a hospital you could go into Child Life. I was. Respiratory Therapist so I would see them working and I always thought they had the best job at te Children's Hospital. I am actual going back to be a OT.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 30, 2011 at 10:39 AM

maybe someday you'll become a dr =)

Quoting jltplk25:

Well that settles it... Nursing it is. I want to be able to actually raise my kids, not be a figure in their lives. I'm not saying that those who pursue doctorates are just figures in their families lives; that's how I feel about *my* situation. Because in all honesty, if I had the time and money, I'd be a doctor.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2011 at 12:28 PM
That would be nice! I've thought about getting my nursing degree so I can work and go back for the doctor thing but med school takes a LOT of dedication. But we shall see! :)

Quoting goddess99:

maybe someday you'll become a dr =)

Quoting jltplk25:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USAFamily
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 12:49 PM

Do what you love.

I've wanted to be a teacher for a long time, and my Dh is trying to persuade me to look at a more lucrative field. But my thought is, what's the point if I'm not happy doing my job? At the end of the day, if I'm not in love with it, I will end up quitting anyway.

Good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN