Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

To be, or not to be...

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 11:13 PM
  • 20 Replies
I've been thinking about college today and what I should do. Right now my major is nursing but I haven't applied to the actual nursing school. I'm not sure if I should go for it or if I should switch my major to psychology. I love helping people and I enjoy the medical field.... I just don't know what I should do. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
janitablue
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 11:22 PM

Maybe create a pro and con list for each field . Look at the list see how would each field (career choice) will benefit you and your family.

splatz
by Sarah on Aug. 29, 2011 at 11:27 PM
I like this idea!

I'm no help. I'm at a stand still with college. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up, lol.

Quoting janitablue:

Maybe create a pro and con list for each field . Look at the list see how would each field (career choice) will benefit you and your family.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 12:20 AM
Let's run away to never never land then! ;)

Quoting splatz:

I like this idea!

I'm no help. I'm at a stand still with college. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up, lol.

Quoting janitablue:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LOswald0314
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 2:11 AM

What are you thinking of doing with a psychology degree? That would be what makes my decision....do you want to get a Doctorate degree in it and be a psychologist? If not, then think about the options you would be left with, especially in this economy.  I'm all about college degrees that give you a specific career, such as nursing.

jltplk25
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 9:54 AM
Well that settles it... Nursing it is. I want to be able to actually raise my kids, not be a figure in their lives. I'm not saying that those who pursue doctorates are just figures in their families lives; that's how I feel about *my* situation. Because in all honesty, if I had the time and money, I'd be a doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Aug. 30, 2011 at 10:31 AM
Haha, sounds like fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bramamber
by Member on Aug. 30, 2011 at 10:33 AM
How about job shadowing? With psychology if you wanted to work on a hospital you could go into Child Life. I was. Respiratory Therapist so I would see them working and I always thought they had the best job at te Children's Hospital. I am actual going back to be a OT.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 30, 2011 at 10:39 AM

maybe someday you'll become a dr =)

Quoting jltplk25:

Well that settles it... Nursing it is. I want to be able to actually raise my kids, not be a figure in their lives. I'm not saying that those who pursue doctorates are just figures in their families lives; that's how I feel about *my* situation. Because in all honesty, if I had the time and money, I'd be a doctor.

jltplk25
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 12:28 PM
That would be nice! I've thought about getting my nursing degree so I can work and go back for the doctor thing but med school takes a LOT of dedication. But we shall see! :)

Quoting goddess99:

maybe someday you'll become a dr =)

Quoting jltplk25:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USAFamily
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 12:49 PM

Do what you love.

I've wanted to be a teacher for a long time, and my Dh is trying to persuade me to look at a more lucrative field. But my thought is, what's the point if I'm not happy doing my job? At the end of the day, if I'm not in love with it, I will end up quitting anyway.

Good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN