Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

To be, or not to be...

Posted by   + Show Post
I've been thinking about college today and what I should do. Right now my major is nursing but I haven't applied to the actual nursing school. I'm not sure if I should go for it or if I should switch my major to psychology. I love helping people and I enjoy the medical field.... I just don't know what I should do. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 11:13 PM
Replies (11-20):
mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Aug. 30, 2011 at 4:58 PM

do wjat makes you happy

LindaClement
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Could you arrange a job shadow for each? Maybe the 'actual work' of one or the other is more exhilirating to you --or less what you hoped it would be?

ecagle
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 6:29 PM

You could always consider occupational therapy, speech therapy, or phsyical therapy...all are in high demand right now ;)

thenguyenclan
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 6:37 PM
I agree with this.... :-)

Quoting janitablue:

Maybe create a pro and con list for each field . Look at the list see how would each field (career choice) will benefit you and your family.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddies_mom101
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 10:02 PM

pros and cons list ....good luck

Andeigh
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 10:10 PM

i have no advice, but I'm going for nursing too.  Mental health disorders fascinate me, so I was thinking about getting a job at the "looney bin-lol" a few towns over..  After I got my CNA I applied over there, and they never called me, so I'm just doing nursing home work now, until I'm done, which won't be for a long time, but I'd love to work in a psychiatric ward. 

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2011 at 11:42 PM
That would be a good way to do both! I did a med program right out if high school and one of our rotations was in the psych ward. I felt so bad for them! Some of the nurses were hateful!

Quoting Andeigh:

i have no advice, but I'm going for nursing too.  Mental health disorders fascinate me, so I was thinking about getting a job at the "looney bin-lol" a few towns over..  After I got my CNA I applied over there, and they never called me, so I'm just doing nursing home work now, until I'm done, which won't be for a long time, but I'd love to work in a psychiatric ward. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2011 at 11:44 PM
My original major, when I graduated high school, was physical therapy. But I feel in love with a boy and changed majors thinking we were going to get married. Yeah that didn't happen.

Quoting ecagle:

You could always consider occupational therapy, speech therapy, or phsyical therapy...all are in high demand right now ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Scubababy2004
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Everybody and their brother has a degree in Psych.  You can't really make much money without at least a master's degree and preferably a doctorate degree.  I had to make the same choice a few years back.  I chose nursing and have been very happy with the work and the pay.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 2, 2011 at 1:41 AM

Follow your heart and what you think you will truly enjoy bc thats important in a job! : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)