Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you feel about it? 9-11

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 1:03 AM
  • 3 Replies
All the commercials make me upset. I decided I would torture myself & buy People magazine. I have my own ties to it but its different from most.
On 4-8-01 at 20yrs old I gave birth to my oldest daughter while her dad was serving a year sentence in prison. Well on 8-17-01 I got the phone call that would change my life. My daughters dad had an asthma attack & he died before he reached the hospital. It was so hard. But I made it through it & have a marvelous man in my life now & an amazing life!!
But I fear for my daughter.
So when the planes hit & all the publicity that came around for the people, although well deserved I felt left out & alone. I have family full of addicts, his family abandoned us & I had no one, no money, living in housing with just me & my baby girl!!
I am proud but sad for our struggles.
So I am sad for many of the memories for me & for our country too. I see that as such of a tragic event for our country too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 1, 2011 at 1:40 AM
It has always been a sad day for me except last year. My brother go married on Sept 11, 2010 and that's also the day I found out I was pregnant. I think we have made a negative a positive! : )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 1, 2011 at 1:59 PM

It's a very sad day for me. I don't usually plan things for that day.

armywife1229
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 2:15 PM

I'm sorry for your loss, but the country was attacked, and that is what people continue to grief about. It is much more than the number of deaths, it is about our country being vulnerable and attacked.

I respect the day and what happened, and I look forward to the day when we don't have to worry about attacks and deaths anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)