Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

how do you feel about bikinis?

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 10:54 AM
  • 5 Replies

How do you feel about them?
Does your daughter have a bikini? (If you only have boys..would you let your daughter wear one if you had a girl?)
How old is she?

Sarah: Mommy to 2 little monsters.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Lexi had a rash guard and bikini bottoms. I didn't feel comfortable putting her in an itty bitti bikini or a one piece. I'll probably do that until she's too big. Then it'll be one pieces until she is old enough to decided if SHE's okay with it. ETA* Lexi is 14 months (as of today!!).

I wish I still had access to my dad's facebook page...he had a picture of me from when I was about 3, I think. I had on this little blue and white checkered bikini with I think ducks on the top. My mom one told me I called it a 'bic-a-nee'. Haha

Click on me to see what it's all about!

Leighanne29
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Yes my daughter has several.  Now that she's getting older, I make her wear ones with more coverage, but I don't see anything wrong with li'l ones in bikinis.

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 1, 2011 at 11:23 AM
Here is Kaitlyn's suit

She turns one this month. We have agreed that we would prefer one pieces, a rash guard, or tankinis for her. I personally just don't like bikinis.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lynzee.Limon
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 11:59 AM

I personally don't think little ones should wear bikinis.. I am due to have a daughter in Novemeber and idk, maybe it's because I was raised by my SUPER conservative Grandfather, but i think the sooner you start letting your little girl show off that much skin, the earlier she will fight you about the rest of her wardrobe.. i'm scared to death to have a daughter.. I see toddlers walking around with mini skirts and tiny tube-top type shirts and all i see is that same little girl at 16 looking like the type of girls we called sluts in high school.... :[  idk. i'm gonna be a horrible wardrobe nazi mom.. :[ i just can't help it.. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 1, 2011 at 1:21 PM

I thought you meant adult bikinis *Shudder! lol

My dd is 9 and has a tankini (I think that's what it's called)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN