Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I just need to vent a sec...

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 1:25 AM
  • 1 Replies

On May 19th, my DH's truck was hit as he drove past our neighbor's driveway (a teenage friend of the neighbor was pulling out of their driveway and didn't look, hitting DH's truck).  He was literally 50 feet from our driveway.  No one was hurt and the truck didn't get super damaged.

Then, on May 20th, the transmission went out in my SUV.  I was about 7 months pregnant, with a 3 y/o with me.  Thankfully a friend came and picked us up.  Because our mechanic had been burned lately by people, he wouldn't even start working on my car until we paid him in full...$2000.00.  Yeah.  Can't afford that.  So, for 3 months now, I haven't had a car.  I've walked everywhere (first pregnant with SPD and then with a newborn...in heatwaves) unless it was over a couple miles away.  My friend would give me rides or let me use her van if I needed it (she is an AMAZING friend). 

Fast forward to 2 wks ago.  One of my friends tells me about this mechanic she's been using and has referred all of her family to.  He's awesome, he'll work with you for payment and he's pretty inexpensive.  DH talks with him extensively and decides he'd be comfortable letting him fix my car (the guy quoted us $900 to fix it).  Before we gave him my car he said it would take him 2 days.  So, on 8/23 we took our car to him.  He said it would be done between 8/26 & 8/29.  On 8/27 he called and said it would be done for sure on 8/29.  On 8/29 DH calls him and he says not done yet, will be done on 8/30.  On 8/30 DH calls again, nope...will be done on 8/31.  On 8/31 DH calls and he says it's done...I just need to drive it but I have a guy in here from TX (we live in WI) and he's stranded with a blown transmission so I'm trying to get that fixed so he can get home.  Today, 9/1, DH calls and he says he needed to adjust something but it WILL be done today.  DH calls him 3 times after he gets home from work, he doesn't answer.  I call him and he answers and says he hasn't driven it yet and needs to put new axle seals in and some other stuff but it will be done today, but he can't give me a time.  UGH!

So, here we are on 9/2 still with no car.  And DD1 started school yesterday so I have to walk her to school...in 102 heat index...and a forecasted thunderstorm, with an 8 y/o, 3 y/o and 2 m/o.  I don't so much have an issue with the time it's taking.  I have an issue with him putting us off day after day.  Really...just tell me it's gonna take 2 wks.  I understand...it's a transmission.  Hopefully we can get it back tomorrow.  But stop blowing smoke up my butt and just be honest! 

Okay...vent over.  LMAO

Michele, loving wife to Justin
 Aubrey 12/22/02
Gracey 1/7/08
 Oliver 6/28/11

by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 2, 2011 at 1:29 AM

I understand how ya feel momma! We have been having some hard times as well! Hang in there! : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN