Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Naked? **NEED advise**

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 1:07 PM
  • 19 Replies

my Son is almost 2 and a half, and about a month ago HE decided that he was done with diapers. he took his diaper off and told me and my husband "peepee potty now" and so we started to help him use the potty and know when he had to go and all that stuff. well at night and nap time he was fine with having a diaper on and now... he wants to sleep naked. no underwear and no diaper. we let him do this for about a week because he had kept his over night diapers and nap time diapers dry and woke up to tell us if he had to go. well... this last few days he has been wetting the bed. he wet his bed one morning so for nap time he was on our bed and he peed on our bed. then in the middle of the night, after I had been washing all of our bedding... he peed his bed again. he didn't have any more liquid during the day than usual and his somewhat regular schedule was exactly the same. 2 days went by and he didn't wet the bed... but yesterday/last night/ and this morning... again I am doing ALL of our bedding.. :[ my husband thinks putting diapers on him for sleeping is taking a step back and REALLLYYY doesnt want to do it. but I am home ALL DAY EVERYDAY and I don't want to be doing all of our bedding on top of the rest of our laundry every day along with all the other cleaning and playing with our son that I have to do. My husbands mom said she kept all her kids in diapers for sleeping till they were about 3 maybe a lil older although she also says she had all 4 of them potty trained by the time they were 18 months old.. =/ I don't want to be taking a step backwards in helping my son learn not to pee the bed, and I don't want to disagree with my husband. i.d.k. what to do... any help?

by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 2, 2011 at 1:11 PM

Here's a BUMP. My dd trained late and it only took 2 days then no accidents. So I never worked with a child that young. I hope someone can help you out :)

MissLoveLyfe
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 1:13 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsnoble2004
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Sorry but I agree with your husband that putting him back in diapers, even just for sleeping, is a step back. Maybe something about hitting a cold spot on the sheet is making him go. Have him just wear underwear to bed. Other than that stocking up on extra sheets is always a good idea during potty training, as is one of those plastic mattress protectors.

Lynzee.Limon
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 2:37 PM

thank you for the bumps! :]  we have the mattress protector and an extra set of sheets for his bed... Aiden (my son) will start to go peepee and then wake up because he started and then he wants to finish going in the potty but his bed will already be wet... and it's his comforter sheets the matress protector pillow..everything.. and my husband is the type of person that if it's 1 tiny spot, the whole thing has to be cleaned.. so it's extra annoying. :[ 

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2011 at 2:57 PM

We used pull ups with Landon for nap time and bed time until he went a full week without wetting one. He on the rare occasion would wet his bed but we soon discovered that making him pee before bed eliminated that issue. But he was also 3 so IDK if that makes a difference or not.

Lynzee.Limon
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 3:17 PM

yes it does help! thank you! My husband and I agreed that pull ups are the same as a diaper a long time ago when we had a roommate potty training her 3 year olf daughter....but regardless my husband is against putting ANYTHING on him except underwear.. and he does go pee before bed... we also stop giving him liquid about an hour or 2 before bed so he has plenty of time to use the potty and empty his bladder.. it seems like he will be fine for a few days, and then a pee storm one right after the other and then be fine again... i.d.k.

Lynzee.Limon
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 3:19 PM

ps: he doesnt have a SINGLE accident during the day, at home or in public, he tells us EVERYTIME. it's ONLY at night that has a problem..

deccaf
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 3:29 PM

Try "training pants"?  Those plastic covers for undies?

Lynzee.Limon
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 4:22 PM

:] :] if I can find them in his size, I'm on it! :]

mrsnoble2004
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 8:31 PM

I think gerber makes some thicker cloth undies for potty training, maybe he wouldn't make the connection that it's basically a diaper.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN