Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Naked? **NEED advise**

Posted by   + Show Post

my Son is almost 2 and a half, and about a month ago HE decided that he was done with diapers. he took his diaper off and told me and my husband "peepee potty now" and so we started to help him use the potty and know when he had to go and all that stuff. well at night and nap time he was fine with having a diaper on and now... he wants to sleep naked. no underwear and no diaper. we let him do this for about a week because he had kept his over night diapers and nap time diapers dry and woke up to tell us if he had to go. well... this last few days he has been wetting the bed. he wet his bed one morning so for nap time he was on our bed and he peed on our bed. then in the middle of the night, after I had been washing all of our bedding... he peed his bed again. he didn't have any more liquid during the day than usual and his somewhat regular schedule was exactly the same. 2 days went by and he didn't wet the bed... but yesterday/last night/ and this morning... again I am doing ALL of our bedding.. :[ my husband thinks putting diapers on him for sleeping is taking a step back and REALLLYYY doesnt want to do it. but I am home ALL DAY EVERYDAY and I don't want to be doing all of our bedding on top of the rest of our laundry every day along with all the other cleaning and playing with our son that I have to do. My husbands mom said she kept all her kids in diapers for sleeping till they were about 3 maybe a lil older although she also says she had all 4 of them potty trained by the time they were 18 months old.. =/ I don't want to be taking a step backwards in helping my son learn not to pee the bed, and I don't want to disagree with my husband. i.d.k. what to do... any help?

by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 1:07 PM
Replies (11-19):
armywife1229
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Let him put his underwear over the pull-ups. We call them night night diapers.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Night time is the worst for accidents. He gets into such a deep sleep, his body relaxs, and so does his bladder. Since he is still rather small I would get him up of a night and see if that helps.

Quoting Lynzee.Limon:

ps: he doesnt have a SINGLE accident during the day, at home or in public, he tells us EVERYTIME. it's ONLY at night that has a problem..

Click on me to see what it's all about!

Lynzee.Limon
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 12:11 AM

Thank you everyone! we have the gerber thick underwear and he really likes them for night time. but they still leak and help him feel like he is wet, hense he starts to pee and wakes up. I went to the store and tried to find the plastic "over undies" things but... of course my son would be too skinny even with thick underwear on... =[  i think i'm just going to have to suck it up and deal with washing his sheets.. my husbands mom had a long talk with him today (in spanish that I don't understand a word of) but i think he is realizing that as long as Aiden doesnt FILL a diaper, and he still wakes up to finish in the toilet and still wants his diaper off first thing after waking up that it will be ok. if he FILLS a diaper during the night then obviously it wont be teaching him anything and we'll have to forget the idea or if he starts to ask for a diaper during the day we'll have to figure something else out but for tonight... a diaper it is.. i'm 6 months pregnant and just too dang tired to keep washing bedding everyday =[ 

ALSO if ANYONE has heard of the underwear that are cloth but lined with plastic and then lined again on the out side with cloth so that they look and feel like regular underwear but prevent the pants/shorts on the out side from getting wet I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to know the name/brand that makes them....

I am 20000% sure they exist because my 4 year old cousin had them when he was potty training last year!! I would call my aunt but we had a falling out and are no longer on speaking terms... =[

Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 3, 2011 at 12:39 AM

Undies to bed!

my3girlshat
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 12:49 AM

Here is a website that may help you. I will keep looking too.

http://www.pottytrainingconcepts.com/CTGY/Plastic-Training-Pants.html

VintageWife
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Maybe put a towel under him so you're just washing a towel and not all the bedding.

Lynzee.Limon
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Thank you everyone SOOOO much! Sorry I have been MIA the last few days. =[

Love060708kids
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 11:51 AM

We used the mattress protectors and just winged it.  When he got the potty training down we just said okay no pull ups, no diapers just underwear.  So that's what worked for us, he had a few accidents but woke up and came to tell me...he peed in his bed maybe 2 times.

Lynzee.Limon
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 12:34 PM

:[ Aiden, my son, will wet the bed if he wears ANYTHING except a diaper it seems... but when we put a diaper on him, it's 100% dry in the morning. underwear, he pees, naked, he pees. pull up, he pees. it's driving me crazy... :[

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)